Here's our first fundraising tip for 2022
All donations made before Friday, August 12th at 5pm will be counted towards prizes.
How to Raise $500 in 10 Days
Here's How . . .
- Day 1 Get yourself started by making a donation on your own page $25
- Day 2 Challenge 3 family members to each match your registration $100
- Day 3 Ask your best friend for a $25 sponsorship $125
- Day 4 Ask your boss for a company donation or matching gift for your registration fee $150
- Day 5 Hang out with friends! Ask 5 local friends to sponsor you for $10 $200
- Day 6 Send an email from your Personal Page to 5 out-of-town friends asking for $10 $250
- Day 7 Hit the town! Request a $10 sponsorship from 5 local businesses you support $300
- Day 8 Gather support at work! Ask 5 co-workers for $10 to support your swim $350
- Day 9 Ask 5 neighbors to donate $10 to support the work of Hospicare $400
- Day 10 Ask 10 people at your church, book club, gym, etc. for $10 each $500
YOU DID IT! - Remember to thank all of your donors and keep them updated on your progress. You can send thank you emails and keep everyone up to date with blog posts, all through your Personal Page!
$500 Incentive Prize - TBA
$1,000 Incentive Prize -TBA
Sample Email Signature and Social Media Post
Social Media Fundraising Tips can be found here!
Sample fundraising letter can be found here.
WOMEN SWIMMIN' FOR HOSPICARE
I'm thrilled to be joining a group of strong and determined swimmin' women who will be getting back in the water on August 13! All money raised directly supports patients and families in our communities who are facing serious illness, end-of-life, or profound grief. INSERT PERSONAL SENTENCE. Will you join me as a participant, or make a donation to support my efforts? More info at: womenswimmin.org HYPERLINK TO YOUR PERSONAL URL
Sample language for your personal sentence:
- This year, I'm training for a 1.2 mile swim in Cayuga Lake on August 13 in celebration of life!
- I’m swimming for Hospicare in memory of my best friend. Her journey inspired me to live authentically and to keep humor as a part of daily life, in good times… and especially in bad.
- One way I give back to my community is by participating in Women Swimmin' for Hospicare.
- I swim in memory of my beloved mother, who raised me to love the lake and its refreshing waters.
- This year I lost my Uncle Bill, and I'll be jumping into the lake in his memory on August 14, knowing he'd be standing on shore screaming words of support.
GOING THE DISTANCE:
Between now and August 13, we’re setting personal goals for how we’re GOING THE DISTANCE for Hospicare, and all money raised directly supports patients and families in our communities who are facing serious illness, end-of-life, or profound grief. INSERT PERSONAL SENTENCE. Will you join me as a participant, or make a donation to support my efforts? More info at: womenswimmin.org HYPERLINK TO YOUR PERSONAL URL
EXAMPLES of ways people are going the distance and how to create a personal sentence.
Some of our participants:
- have a physical goal
- have an emotional goal
- want to memorialize/honor someone
- live far away but have a connection to Ithaca/Hospicare
- recently lost someone
- are caregiving
And how those examples could fit in a personal sentence to insert.
- This year, I’m going the distance for Hospicare by biking 10 miles a week, now until August 13.
- With the world feeling so upside down, I’m going the distance for Hospicare by performing one random act of kindness every day.
- I’m going the distance for one of my favorite non-profits, Hospicare & Palliative Care Services, which supports patients and families throughout Cortland and Tompkins counties in upstate NY.
- With the death of my beloved grandfather to COVID, I’m choosing to go the distance for Hospicare, and help support other families who need their help now more than ever.
- I’m going the distance for Hospicare by caring for my aunt at home, where she feels comforted by familiar settings and my world-renowned chocolate cake