All donations and contributions made to our event will be matched by an anonymous donor dollar for dollar!
Registration Fee is $0 so everyone can join in the fun! Please consider showing your support for the cause by making a personal donation (for a tax receipt) instead.
Walk, Run or Roll!
No matter your choice of exercise, or where you take part from, join us in improving lives of those affected by HD together but apart. This year, everyone will exercise with their closest family and friends (50 max) while socially distanced wherever is the most convenient to them. We encourage everyone to track their kilometres travelled and post pictures using the hashtag #BCwalk4HD.
Don't forget the theme is Huntington Heroes, celebrating the everyday heroes that make up the HD Community. Walk dressed as your favourite hero (superheroes, musicians, athletes, service people, etc). Prizes are available for the best costume!
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2020
Location: Your own neighbourhood, anywhere in beautiful B.C.!
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Facebook LIVE Kick-off
10:15 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. - HD Community Update
10:20 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Warm-up by Mike Batti
10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Walk/Run/Ride in your community!
Track your kilometers using one of these apps: www.strava.com, Map my Run/Walk – www.mapmywalk.com, Adidas Runtastic – www.runtastic.com, Nike+ Run Club – www.nike.com/ca/nrc-app, Fitbit (No Fitbit required) – www.fitbit.com
2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Entertainment by Taylor Rae and the Backseat Drivers
2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Facebook LIVE thank you!
Many items are available to be won as prizes, or through the online auction. For more details on the items available so far, click here.
1) Donations collected before August 23rd over:
** Pick up your prizes at Olympic Village on Sunday September 6th at 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Shipping will cost extra
2) Best Costume will receive a Special Mystery Prize
3) Most Money Donated will win an even BIGGER Mystery Prize!!!
4) Online Auction - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1450703858448114/
For more details on the items available so far, click here!
All proceeds raised through this event will go to support Family Services and Research to delay or stop Huntington disease.
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) strives for a better future for those affected by Huntington disease (HD). There are three main areas that HSC focuses on:
1. Funding cutting edge research into slowing or stopping the progression of HD
2. Funding Family Services workers across Canada to provide support for those affected by HD
3. Raising awareness of HD, educating the public and health services professionals, as well as advocating for the rights of those affected by HD