About Tom & Ally Gallin 300 Mile Walk

Tom and Ally Gallin will be walking 300 miles from the U. S. Military Academy at West Point to Arlington National Cemetery to raise awareness of military families and in honor of Michael Arciola, Private First Class, who died in Iraq at age 20.  They will begin their walk at Michael’s picture in the Hall of Heroes at West Point on Saturday, September 23rd and will end their journey at his gravesite in Section 60 at Arlington National Cemetery on Tuesday, October 10th.  Michael’s sacrifice, and that of his family, has served as the inspiration for the Gallin family’s volunteerism with the USO for the past thirteen years. Tom is a member of the USO New York Advisory Board.

The Gallin family supports the USO through their family's organization, "Stars for Cars." Founded in 2011, the mission of Stars for Cars is to raise awareness of the sacrifices that our military families make when a loved one is called to service. This is facilitated through the sale of star-shaped magnetic car decals that say, “We Support Blue Star & Gold Star Military Families.” A “Blue Star” signifies that there is a family member who is serving in the Armed Forces. A “Gold Star” signifies that there is a family member who has died while serving Our Nation. 1% of Our Nation is serving and protecting the other 99% of Our Nation. 100% of all proceeds raised from the sale of the decals go to the USO to help fund programs that support the families of these brave “One Percenters.”

In addition to the decals, their son created the “3 Holidays Announcement” program. The announcement, “We take this time to remember our Blue Star and Gold Star Military Families and thank them for their sacrifice and generosity.  We want them to know that they are a part of our community,” is read during the school day on, before, or after three patriotic holidays and they are Patriot Day (9/11), Veterans Day, and Memorial Day. The Announcement has been heard in schools by more than 1 million students in all 50 states. It has also been heard in professional sports arenas such as Yankee Stadium, Petco Park, and Oracle Park.

Stars for Cars has raised funds and awareness for specific USO programs. They have raised funds for “Operation That’s My Ride,” sponsored a baseball clinic for military families at Cyclones Stadium and created the “Century Ride for Military Families” which took riders from their home in New Rochelle to the United States Military Academy at West Point and back. The Gallin family also participated in many USO of Metropolitan NY 5K Run/Walk’s through the years including the “Battle of the Branches.” Ally previously walked 100 half-marathons, several full marathons, and completed 50 miles in one day on behalf of the USO.

The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home, and country, throughout their service to the nation.

Ways you can support Tom and Ally on their 300-mile journey:

1.    Donate

2.    Share this story and links with your networks on LinkedIn, etc.

3.    Follow their progress on our socials Stars for Cars, Facebook, and Instagram.

4.    Be a “Caller of the Day!” Call Tom & Ally to provide words of encouragement.


Starts at:  September 22, 2023 11:00 PM
Ends at:  October 9, 2023 11:00 PM




Here is a great spot to put the most important information about your campaign! 

TIP: Did you know you can also add a pre-recorded or live stream video to this section? Just provide the full iframe code in the admin view under Configure Campaign > Design > Basic Design.

TIP: You can inline edit different areas to customize your campaign! Don't forget to save & refresh!

Thank you for your support!