Overview: The Hill Country Ride for AIDS (HCRA) is a beloved, family-friendly bike ride through the Texas Hill Country that raises critical funds for the support and care of people impacted by HIV/AIDS. The HCRA is a special collaborative event with a focus on engaging kindness and building community. 2022 marks the 23rd year of this highly impactful fundraiser.
Over the last 22 years, we have raised over 10 million dollars. This is an opportunity to contribute to one of the most successful, longest-running HIV/AIDS rides in the country.
Job Description: Entering our next ride season, we are looking for an organized, outgoing, and effective Ride Assistant to execute day-to-day administrative and logistical tasks in support of our Ride Director and Board. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, salaried, office-based position with some flexibility to work remotely several months of the year. Office hours are flexible but typically follow a 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM schedule. Regular evening and weekend hours required. We offer two weeks of paid vacation per year and 5 holidays of your choice.
- Demonstrated professional experience planning and executing special events.
- Prior experience recruiting, motivating, managing, and delegating work to volunteers.
- Passion for working with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, MailChimp, etc.
- Working knowledge of fundraising and CRM software platforms or databases is desirable.
- Established connections and prior volunteer or work experience with the HIV/AIDS community are preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and have reliable transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Sent emails and updated our website and social media with swag pickup info.
- Recruited and managed 6 volunteers for our swag pickup.
- Assisted Treasurer with the reconciliation of May expenses and filed all the month’s receipts.
- Drafted and sent 30 donor thank you letters, 2 sponsorship requests, and 1 grant application.
- Prepared an Excel report recapping our 2021 fundraising and participant data (including pivot tables).
- Researched virtual, hybrid, and in-person fundraising event options to present to Ride Director.
- Coordinated and participated in 8 zoom meetings and 2 in-person meetings, taking error-free notes and completing all post-meeting tasks and follow-up.
- Provided fundraising platform support to a 2021 participant who already received a donation for next year.
- Answered all office phone calls, voicemails, and social media messages.
- Assisted in a brainstorming session for our 2022 Ride theme, social media campaign, and marketing/outreach materials.
- Resolved a printer paper jam.
- Assisted the Ride Director in tracking and executing all 2021 sponsor deliverables.
- Purchased and organized office and event supplies for the summer.
Looking ahead to Ride week 2022, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Leading volunteers to pack, unload, set up, and break down the event venue and all necessary supplies.
- Coordinating across multiple volunteer groups to ensure all logistical/operational activities for a highly successful event.
- Sending out emails and posting across the HCRA’s social media channels.
- Completing all donation data entry, preparing and mailing tax letters, and running participant and fundraising reports in our system software.
- And lots more!
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.