Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate in Bounce Back from Cancer™?
- Click Register at top of this page.
- If you were a fundraiser last year, please don’t forget to thank your past supporters.
- Please begin recruiting your teams - let’s get off to a fast start!
- Please be ready to e-mail all of your contacts, not just a few.
- Encourage members of your organization to join us, register and fundraise.
- Reach out to a few colleagues at other organizations to encourage their participation.
- Share your fundraising page on your social media accounts.
What does it cost to participate?
- 2-mile $25 registration + $150 required fundraising minimum
- 14.2-mile $25 registration + $500 required fundraising minimum
What happens is if I do not reach my fundraising minimum?
- Fundraising is open until March 31, 2023. If you do not reach the minimum fundraising requirement, you will be charged the difference to your credit card on file.
How do I create a fundraising page?
- This is built for you automatically when you register for the event.
Will you provide me with an email template to help me fundraise?
- Template with sample graphics and suggested copy can be found our website under “Toolkit.”
How do I get my “Bounce Back™ Swag”? Is there a fundraising minimum and a registration fee?
- The fundraising minimum is $150 to receive your box of Bounce Back™ swag. Participants who raise $500 will receive a Miami HEAT player signed basketball.
How can I contribute if I don’t walk or dribble?
- Register for the event as a “Benchwarmer” and FUNDRAISE only.
Where and when do I pick up my event kit or “Bounce Back™ Swag”?
- Activation kits will be available to for pick-up at FootWorks in South Miami for those who meet the fundraising minimum
FootWorks Running: 5724 Sunset Dr., South Miami, FL 33143
- Thursday, March 9 | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 10 | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11 | 10 am - 5 p.m.
Where do I park on Sunday, March 12?
How do I get back to my car?
Uber is generously providing a one-trip transportation code for Bounce Back from Cancer™participants. More information coming soon.
Can my family meet me at the arena?
Yes! Everyone is welcome.
Can I bring my dog?
Animals are not permitted in the Miami-Dade Arena, with the exception of trained service animals
Can I fundraise beyond March 13?
- Yes, fundraising will remain open until March 31, 2023.
Can I donate without participating?
- Yes! Just click the DONATE button on our website.
How much are the registration fees?
- Registration is $25. There is a minimum fundraising requirement of $150 to receive your Bounce Back™ swag.
When does registration close?
- Registration closes the last day of our virtual event, Sunday, March 31, 2023.
How much does it cost to register a team?
- There is no additional team entry fee.
My employer is paying our team members’ entry fees. How do I set up my team’s payment method?
- Contact Events@BaptistHealth.net.
How do we change our team captain?
- Contact Events@BaptistHealth.net.
My company would like to become a sponsor. What opportunities are available?
- Sponsorships are critical to our success, with opportunities available to fit nearly any company and budget. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Marc Spiegelman at 305-310-9052.
Will my information be shared with anyone?
- Your information is safe! Donor information will not be sold to third parties, but may be used by Team Footwork’s, Bounce Back from Cancer™, Baptist Health Foundation and/or Miami Cancer Institute for direct communication purposes.
Is my entry fee tax deductible?
- Although your support is needed for us to continue the fight against cancer, and very much appreciated, the registration fee is not tax deductible, as regulations regarding an event where goods and services are provided prohibit tax deductions.
Is my donation tax deductible?
- Yes, if you made a donation in addition or besides registering, the donation is tax deductible. Speak with your tax advisor.
Is Miami Cancer Institute a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization?
- Yes, Miami Cancer institute is part of Baptist Health South Florida, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
* The format of all events are subject to change. All events will take place in a safe format that follows established recommendations by the CDC and Baptist Health South Florida policies.
HEAT. HELP. CURE.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE, 1.800.435.7352, WITHIN THE STATE OR VIA THE INTERNET AT WWW.FDACS.GOV. OUR REGISTRATION NUMBER IS CH-10610. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE THE FOUNDATION RETAINS 100% OF EACH CONTRIBUTION TO FULFILL OUR MISSION.