Join the Southern Alberta Chapter as we walk virtually for Huntington disease (HD) this May. This year, we join all of the Huntington Society of Canada Chapters for the National Virtual Walk on May 29 - 30. Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only at a local level, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
ALL DONATIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS MADE TO THIS EVENT WILL BE MATCHED BY AN ANONYMOUS DONOR DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
**T-shirt registration closes May 16th - if you'd like a t-shirt you MUST register by this date.**
FUNDRAISE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A $750 VISA GIFTCARD!
For every $100 raised you will get an entry into the draw. Fundraising will count until May 29th at Midnight. Draw will be on May 31st. This draw is exclusive to the Southern Alberta Hope Run, so be sure to do your fundraising on this page to be entered to win!
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Southern Alberta Walk/Run. This year the registration fee will be waived!! There is no cost to participate with the option to add a t-shirt for $35. Our goal this year is to raise awareness by having as many people as possible walking together separately across the country! Get your friends and family to register with you and share in the fun! Every dollar raised helps HD families.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week, here! For more information on how to fundraise online, go to our Downloadable Resources page under "What's Happening".
4. WALK: On the weekend of May 29 - 30, walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. There are great places to walk and run around Southern Alberta such as:
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Be sure to link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the main National Virtual Walk page!
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesSA and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media. Check them out on our Downloadable Resources page under "What's Happening".