Join the Vancouver Chapter as we walk for Huntington disease (HD) this May alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide.
This year, the BC Walk is back in person! Choose to join us live on May 29th at Creekside Park or walk virtually in your own neighbourhood. Regardless of how you choose to participate, be sure to track all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach our 4,000km national goal! We know we can do it by making walking a habit and encouraging friends and family to join us.
Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only at a local level, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: Sunday, May 29th, 2022
Location: Milton Wong Plaza (Olympic Village Square) 1650 Manitoba St., Vancouver, BC
Details: Registration at 10:00 a.m., Walk starts at 11:00 a.m.
For more information about current health and safety practices at HSC events, please review the HSC Guiding Principles For In Person Community Activities And Events.
A mandatory COVID-19 assessment will be available on this page and emailed to all registrants 24 hours before the event. Everyone attending the event (including children) must complete this assessment prior to attending.
ALL DONATIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS MADE TO THIS EVENT BEFORE JUNE 30TH WILL BE MATCHED BY AN ANONYMOUS DONOR DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the BC Huntington Heroes Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here!
4. WALK: Join us at Milton Wong Plaza on May 29th or walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. Be sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach out 4000km goal!
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of the National page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesBC and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.