Join the Brockville Area as we walk virtually for Huntington disease (HD) this May alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide. .This year we are encouraging participants to walk throughout the month of May to reach our target goal of 4000kms walked by our community. We know we can do it by making walking a habit and encouraging friends and family to join us.
Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in Brockville, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
T-SHIRT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: APRIL 4TH*
*T-shirts ordered by April 4th will be shipped by the 2nd week of May. T-shirts ordered after April 4th will be shipped in June.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Brockville Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here.
4. WALK: Throughout May, walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. There are great places to walk and run around Brockville. Be sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach our 4000km goal!
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of this
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesBrockville and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.