Join the Camrose Chapter as we walk virtually for Huntington disease (HD) this May. This year, we join all of the Huntington Society of Canada Chapters for the National Virtual Walk on May 29 - 30. Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only at a local level, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
**T-shirt registration closes May 16th - if you'd like a t-shirt you MUST register by this date.**
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Camrose Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here. For more information on how to fundraise online, go to our Downloadable Resources page under "What's Happening".
4. WALK: On the weekend of May 29 - 30, walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. There are great places to walk and run around Camrose.
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Be sure to link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the main National Virtual Walk page!
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesCamrose and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media. Check them out on our Downloadable Resources page under "What's Happening".
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!