Join the Edmonton Chapter as we walk for Huntington disease (HD) this May alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide. The Edmonton Walk is in person! Choose to join us live on May 27th at Rundle Park or walk virtually in your own neighbourhood. Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in Edmonton, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: Saturday, May 27, 2023
Location: Rundle Park, Site #5, Edmonton, AB
Details: Registration opens at 12:30 p.m. for those who did not register online. 5km walk starts at 1:00 p.m.
T-SHIRT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 23*
*T-shirts ordered by March 23 will be shipped by the 1st week of May. T-shirts ordered after March 23 will be shipped in June.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Edmonton Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here!
4. WALK: Join us at Rundle park on May 27th or walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. Be sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach our 4000km goal.
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of the National page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesEDM and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!