Join the Edmonton Chapter as we walk for Huntington disease (HD) this May alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide.
This year, the Edmonton Walk is back in person! Choose to join us live on May 14th at Rundle Park or walk virtually in your own neighbourhood. Regardless of how you choose to participate, be sure to track all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach our 4,000 km national goal! We know we can do it by making walking a habit and encouraging friends and family to join us.
Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in Edmonton, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: Saturday, May 14
Location: Rundle Park, Site #5, Edmonton, AB
Details: Registration opens at 12:30 p.m. for those who did not register online. 5km walk starts at 1:00 p.m.
For more information about current health and safety practices at HSC events, please review the HSC Guiding Principles For In Person Community Activities And Events.
**Please fill out the follwing linked mandatory COVID-19 Assessment: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FQCBXMC. **
Everyone attending the event (including children) must complete this assessment prior to attending.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Edmonton Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here!
4. WALK: Join us at Rundle park on May 14th or walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. Be sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout May to help us reach our 4000km goal.
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of the National page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesEDM and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!