Join the Newfoundland Chapter as we walk around Quidi Vidi Lake on Saturday, May 27 for Huntington disease (HD). We are walking alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide this May.
Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in the province of Newfoundland, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: May 27, 2023 - 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Quidi Vidi Brewery
Details: Free to attend! The event starts at 11:30 a.m. and will have a silent auction, live music, door prizes, great food and more!
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Newfoundland Walk.T-shirts ordered after March 23 will be shipped in June.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here!
4. WALK: On May 27, walk, run or roll with us in Quidi Vidi Park. Make sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout the month to help us reach our 4000km goal!
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of the National page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesNL and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!