Join the Ottawa Chapter as we walk for Huntington disease (HD) on May 13 alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide.
Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in Ottawa, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: May 13, 2023
Location: Andrew Haydon Park, Carling Ave., Ottawa
T-SHIRT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 23*
*T-shirts ordered by March 23 will be shipped by the 1st week of May. T-shirts ordered after March 23 will be shipped in June.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Ottawa Run.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here!
4. WALK: Throughout May, walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. There are great places to walk and run around Ottawa. Be sure to track any and all kilometers your travel throughout May to help us reach our 4000km goal!
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of this.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesOttawa and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!