Join the Toronto Chapter as we walk for Huntington disease (HD) this May alongside Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) chapters and participants Nationwide. Our collective efforts will help to raise funds and awareness for HD not only in Toronto, but all across Canada. Together we can make a difference!
Date: Sunday, May 14, 2023
Location: Sir Casimir Gzowski Park
Details: Registration opens at 9:00 a.m., 5km walk starts at 10:00 a.m.
*T-shirts ordered by March 23 will be shipped by the 1st week of May. T-shirts ordered after May 23 will be shipped in June.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Toronto Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here.
4. WALK: Walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing. Be sure to track any and all kilometers you travel throughout the month to help us reach our 4000km goal!
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Walk/Run for HD" in the back end of your fundraising page. Link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page. Once inputted, you may qualify for a distance prize and you'll be able to see our collective kilometers rising on the right hand side of the National page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the National Virtual Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #HuntingtonHeroes and #HuntingtonHeroesTO and upload your photos to your personal fundraising page. We also have tons of fun things to download such as signs and frames that can be added to photos and shared on social media.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information!