The iMove for United Way virtual event empowers us to come together virtually to support our own well-being, while raising money for child and youth mental health and wellness initiatives in Windsor-Essex County.
Too many young people are affected by mental illness and the majority don't have access to the appropriate treatment. In Canada, an estimated 1.2 million children and youth are affected by mental illness, yet only 1 in 5 children who need mental health services receives them. Young people have experienced declines in mental health since COVID-19.
We are all feeling the effects of this pandemic. That's why we want you to get up, get moving, and challenge yourself and others to move for 200 minutes across 14 days! You'll feel better, and you'll be making a positive move to help young people in our community access mental health services they couldn't otherwise afford.
IMOVE ONLINE PLATFORM
This platform is fun and easy to use. It allows you to showcase how you are moving for mental health, while earning badges and bragging rights for things like hitting fundraising milestones, inputting your fitness/wellness activities on your profile, recruiting participants, and posting photos/videos to social media with the hashtag #iMove4UnitedWay!
Register Here. You can create your personal profile page, create or join a team, collect pledges and earn cool badges that highlight your hard work, your fundraising goals, pictures, videos, and the points you've collected. Your personal page helps you to encourage others to get moving for youth mental health too.
Start Your Own Team - if you are an individual or organization wishing to participate in this year's event as a team, select the option to register as a team.
Register as An Individual - register as an individual with your own fundraising page, or join an existing team. Looking for a team to join? Join the United Way Team!
Set Up Your Participant Page - set up your individual and/or team fundraising page, add your profile photo, set your fitness goal (200 minutes), link your social accounts, and start uploading your photos/videos.
Link Your Social Accounts - connect your social accounts to our site and use the hashtag #iMove4UnitedWay to automatically populate content for other participants to see.
HOW TO MOVE FOR MENTAL HEALTH
1. Get creative and get moving - your way! This event is for everyone. Whether you run, walk your dog, practice your yoga stretches, or dance in your living room, you can get your 200 minutes in any way you want! Just track your progress on your personal page for a chance to rank on the Activity Leaderboard and share with your supporters how you're moving for mental health.
2. Track your progress. In the top right hand corner next to the search window find your name. Move your cursor over your name, select 'Manage my page'. Once on your page, on the left side, select 'Complete activities' to set or change your fitness goal, add activities, a photo or video. You can also invite your friends to join you, thank donors and enter cash/cheque donations from your personal page.
3.Get social. Follow us @unitedwaywe and join the #iMove4UnitedWay social challenge. Show us how you are moving for metal health from your social accounts! You get points towards the Social Leaderboard every time you post a photo, video, or message on social media using our hashtag for social accounts you register through your personal page.
4. Help your community. Invite friends and family to register or donate to your fundraising page. Set a goal and help others see the importance of helping local kids access mental health supports.
Need some help? Watch our tutorial video on how to set up your profile page, link your social media accounts and add activities, photos & videos to help you climb the iMove leaderboard!
When you fundraise $60 for iMove for United Way, you will receive one entry for the chance to win a prize. For every additional $50 you raise by 11:59 PM EDT on March 6, 2022, you will receive an additional entry. Winners will be announced on March 7, 2022.
iMove Fundraisers have a chance to win:
1. Awarded to the Top Fundraising Individual: One KHS Urban Sole 8 - Hybrid Bike ($600 value) Add-ons from City Cyclery a bottle cage and lights.
2. One Fitbit Versa 2 premium smartwatch paired with JBudsAirSport True Wireless earbuds ($300 value)
3. One $100 Gift Card courtesy of the Running Factory paired with one 18 oz. Yeti Rambler ($150 value)
4. One of two $100 Gift Cards courtesy of SportChek paired with one of two 18 oz. Yeti Rambler ($150 value)
5. One $100 Gift Card courtesy of The Keg Devonshire Mall paired with one 18 oz. Yeti Rambler ($150 value)