We know there are many young Albertans who have been inspired to fundraise and raise awareness for the Alberta Cancer Foundation. We are so excited to introduce the Li’l Albertans Helping Albertans Summer Camp- a week packed with fun and creative activities aimed at giving back.
What is the Li’l Albertans Helping Albertans Summer Camp?
Get ready to learn new skills and participate in exciting activities, all while supporting Albertans facing cancer. Did you know that every day, 53 Albertans hear the words, “you have cancer”? Thanks to you, we can offer three words in return, “we will help”.
Over the course of five days, we will e-mail you five interactive activities for you to participate in. Through these e-mails and activities, you will learn about the Alberta Cancer Foundation and how you can support cancer patients and their families. You can complete the activities in any order you like and on your own time. Do them all in one week, or save them for a rainy day – it is up to you!
You will receive your first email with your first activity the day after you register.
- Make gnocchi with Chef Marina
- Learn Bollywood dance moves with Sparq Productions
- Write thank you to a front line worker
- Take a Karate Class with Kaizen Dojo
- Do a good deed day
- Help fill children’s days, keep them learning, and allow them to safely engage with their community
- No fundraising minimum - free to join
- Five days of pre-recorded video activities that kids can complete under the supervision of a parent or guardian
- Participate in honour of, or to show support for family or friends affected by cancer.
- Despite the pandemic, there is still an urgent need to fundraise and support Albertans facing cancer.
Who is the Li’l Albertans Helping Albertans Summer Camp for?
- Anyone under 18 who wants to make a difference!
Click the register button on the menu bar to sign up! Register now until August 31.