Under the leadership of five teens, the virtual 5k event, “Race for Every Colon”, will occur from the 15th to 21st of March 2021. Our goal for this race is to spread awareness for the need to get everyone screened for colorectal cancer, one of the nation’s leading causes of preventable cancer deaths. All of the proceeds obtained from the race, through individual registration fees and/or donations, will go to the Colon Cancer Foundation (CCF). To register, go to the link attached below and click on the “register now” tab in yellow.
- $20 Registration – receive a branded bandana and virtual registration
- $30 VIP Registration - receive a branded bandana, branded cinch bag and virtual registration
- What is a “Virtual 5k?” An event where everyone who signs up agrees to complete the exact distance! You can run, bike, dance, hop skip, jump, crawl or whatever you want anytime and anywhere just as long as it’s 5k! You could even use a treadmill, stationary bike, or your Peloton! Just use your favorite tracking app (fitbit, apple watch, strava, etc) to track your distance and time, then post a screenshot of it to social media using our hashtag. #RaceForEveryColon
- Do I have to do it all at once? You can do it all at once or spread it out over the week of the race, just as long as it’s 5k of total distance!
- What if I want to run with my friends? Of course! Feel free to join up with groups, but please keep them small.
- I’m not local, can I still participate? Of course! We’d love to see where people are doing this! Just do the 5k in your own city!
- Where do I upload a photo of my tracking app? Post a picture of you doing the event, or of the tracking app to social media using our hashtag #RaceForEveryColon
- When will I receive my merchandise? More details to follow
- How much of the funds raised go to charity? 100% of the money raised will go to the Colon Cancer Foundation. Every $35 raised will buy one screening for the underserved/underinsured population, and our goal is $10,000!
- If you have additional questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for joining us!
Gastroenterology Associates, PC