2021 Health and Safety Procedures
Thank you for your support for Spin for Kids and the thousands of children who are positively impacted by Camp Twin Lakes. Camp prioritizes the health, safety, and comfort of our riders, donors, volunteers, staff, and campers. We continue to follow health and safety guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and American Camp Association. We are monitoring updates and we will stay in touch to provide updates on any potential changes to the ride experience. Camp Twin Lakes is committed to hosting a safe and comfortable experience for all riders, and we are counting on our Spin for Kids community to help us raise funds to support Georgia’s children with disabilities, illnesses, and life challenges.
- This year we have expanded our registration options to include a "SFK from Anywhere" virtual option. This route is perfect for riders who want to show their support on October 3rd riding from any location they feel most comfortable - in their neighborhood, on a trail, on a Peloton. We're even encouraging these participants to run, walk, wheel, or swim if riding isn't an option!
- We understand concerns about our in-person ride being canceled due to the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape but have no fear! If for some reason, we need to cancel the in-person event, we will still celebrate on October 3rd and encourage our participants to ride/walk/run for a location of their choice!
- Staff, volunteers, and riders are expected to wear a mask whenever indoors, unless actively eating or drinking, and practice social distancing whenever possible.
Before You Arrive
- Please check your self for Covid symptoms prior to arrival. If you do not feel well on or before Oct 3rd please stay home.
- If you have been exposed to some one with Covid with in the last 14 days, we encourage you to stay home or participate in the virtual
Check-In, Arrival, & Starting Your Ride
Please park and make your way to the gym. If you do not want to enter the gym, you can call one of our Camp Twin Lakes staff members to check you in from your car.
Registration, donation drop-off, and breakfast/snacks/coffee will be available inside the gym. Please wear a mask and practice a one-directional flow through the gym maintaining safe distancing from other riders.
Rest Stop Safety
- Rest stops will be equipped with hand sanitizing stations. Please be mindful to practice social distancing when possible.
- Rest Stop Volunteers will assist you with refilling your water and handing out snacks.
- Portable restrooms are available and will be sanitized frequently.
- Once arriving back at Camp, please make your way to the center green for Taco Mac burgers and wings and Shake Shack. We will have two food station lines to limit crowding.
- SweetWater will be serving beer starting at 12:30PM - enjoy an extra beer on us this year.
- Seating is available in the Dining Hall or outside on picnic tables.
- Additional beverages will be available as well.
- Once you're done enjoying the festivities, please make your way to the Media Center to collect your goody bags and then to the Welcome Center (by the Finish Line) to get your t-shirt. We will have merchandise available for purchase at our Swag Shack as well.