Hi, we're John and Laura Stack, Johnny's mom and dad.
On November 20, 2019, we suddenly acquired the undesired wisdom of knowing what it’s like to lose one’s child, when our 19-year-old son, Johnny, died by suicide. Johnny had used high potency THC marijuana dabs for several years. As a result, he suffered from cannabis induced psychosis with delusional thinking and ended his life. Soon after Johnny died, we filed for and received 501c3 nonprofit status for Johnny’s Ambassadors, Inc., with a mission to educate parents and teens about the risks of suicide from today’s high-THC marijuana (and other drugs and mental health challenges). Many people don't understand how different the marijuana is today from when they were kids and believe it's medical and safe, which isn't true for young teens whose brains are still forming. https://johnnysambassadors.org/research
We hope to help other teens, parents, grandparents, teachers (and frankly all adults with teens in their lives) by honestly and boldly sharing Johnny’s story of his suicide from mental illness and high-potency marijuana use, so we can save other teens and keep them from following his path. Three days before he died, Johnny said, "Marijuana has ruined my mind and my life."
What's the plan?
- The event will be emceed by KMGH-TV, Channel 7 reporters, Tony Kovaleski and Nicole Brady!
- Due to a gift from Overpass Productions, we will be LIVESTREAMING our event around the country! You can watch on any device at https://JohnnysAmbassadors.org/livestream.
- You'll enjoy our DJ, Jameson Charles, spinning great music! His song choice will focus on the difficult feelings teens face with sad feelings and suicidal thinking, which sadly often involve drug use and overdoses.
- You'll hear from Dr. Karen Randall, a Colorado EMERGENCY ROOM doctor on what she sees at the hospital every day from marijuana use.
- Senator Kevin Priola will be there to speak about the passing of Colorado HB21-1317 on Regulating Marijuana Concentrates and his wife, Michelle.
- You'll also hear from Luke Niforatos, Executive Director of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM) on the latest data on the harms of marijuana in Colorado.
- You’ll be amazed by our slacklining team performance! They will also give lessons on a low slackline. We also have a maze, cornhole, and paddle ball!
- Our friends from Freeway Ford will be out with an amazing FORD BRONCO truck for you to climb in.
- Special opportunity to bid on a weekend stay at a beautiful Winter Park condo, courtesy of Elizabeth and Peter Orton, with all proceeds to benefit Johnny's Ambassadors! This spacious mountain getaway holds up to 12 guests, with 3 bedrooms, 5 beds, and 4 baths!
- Kona Ice will be on site with their yummy snow cones and will be giving back 20% of their proceeds to Johnny's Ambassadors!
- Bring a picture of your loved one if you are an impacted friend or family member.
- You'll enjoy exhibit booths from our partners such as Robbie's Hope! We also have a maze, cornhole, and paddle ball available!
- Oh, and of course, walking or jogging. Prizes for 1 mile, 2 miles, and 5K distances!
Our Mission: Johnny’s Ambassadors educates parents and teens about the risks of today’s high-THC marijuana on adolescent brain development, mental illness, and suicide. Research shows today’s high-potency marijuana causes mental health issues and higher incidence of suicide when used recreationally and illegally under 21 years of age.