Not comfortable coming to the Zoo? Join our virtual Walk!
We invite you to join our Virtual Walk to Remember! Walk on your own time wherever you feel most comfortable. We have weekly activities that are optional but intended to keep you active. As an important healthcare provider, we still need your support, now more than ever!
Virtual Walker registration is $20.00 and includes a 2021 WTR face mask. Your gift will help ensure our ability to provide end-of-life care and support to patients and families in northeast Ohio.
Here’s what you need to know:
Walk when you want and where you want!
- Participate in our weekly challenges or create your own
- Set a goal for the number of steps you will walk and track them on your fundraising page. Integration with Strava is available. Have friends make a pledge based on the minutes that you walk.
- Engage family, friends and neighbors to join you (Remember to maintain safe social distancing!)
- Send us photos and short videos of you or your team walking or completing weekly challenges. We’ll share them on our social media pages
- Wear t-shirts from past walks when walking
Setting a fundraising goal
Set a fundraising goal and ask friends and family to help you reach it! Each walker makes a difference, and it’s important to keep that focus in mind as you fundraise. No matter how much you raise, you are making a difference for our patients and their loved ones!
Personalize your fundraising page
- Share your story and why you are walking. Your story is compelling and encourages people to donate to this important cause. You can personalize your page in just a few minutes and update it as often as you’d like.
- Add pictures
- Share your page with friends and family through email and social media right from your fundraising dashboard
Share your fundraising page on social media
- Connect with family, friends and colleagues through a Facebook fundraiser! You can connect to Facebook directly from your fundraising dashboard. Be sure to tag HWR with @hospicewr
- Use our Facebook profile picture frame to show your support and raise awareness[LNW1]
These donations do not count towards a Walk to Remember registration.
$25 – Sponsor a HWR employee to attend the Walk to Remember
Help us celebrate our tireless caregiver who continue to provide patient care during the pandemic by making a special donation that provides a registration for them and/or their family.
$50 – Provide a Comfort Buddy to a Patient
For a $50 donation Hospice of the Western Reserve will provide one of our adorable Comfort Buddies by Warmies® to a patient. Comfort Buddies are used to provide reassurance and meaning to a variety of patients, from pediatrics to dementia care. We’ve found that Comfort Buddies improve patient experience by reducing agitation and restlessness and provides an overall sense of wellbeing.
$50 – Honor your loved one with a personalized "We Remember . . " sign
A great way to celebrate a loved one! Signs will be displayed along the route with your personal message and a photo of your loved one. When you see your sign on the route, feel free to take it home with you.
JUST FOR FUN ACTIVITIES
Share your photos or videos on Facebook. Tag @hospiceWR.
You can also email photos to us at email@example.com.
- We challenge you to take your lunch break to walk around your office, building or block
- Bring your pets, kids or anyone you’d like - but remember to maintain safe social distancing!
Explore Neighborhoods & Parks
- We have some pretty amazing places to explore here in Northeast Ohio. Go out and explore some places you’ve never been!
- Have you ever explored the Metroparks or had lunch in Ohio City, Tremont, or the Gordon Square district?
- We bet there are even streets in your own neighborhood that you’ve never been down – go check them
Spell it out
- Spell out HOSPICE using pictures of letters from signs on your street, around your neighborhood or in sidewalk chalk. Share your creations with us by tagging @hospiceWR on Facebook and Twitter. You can also email photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get creative and spell out some other words - WALK, TOGETHER, HWR or the name of a loved one.
- Walk a mile in a loved one’s memory: Visit their favorite parks, shops and places around town. Get takeout from their favorite restaurants or cafes.
- While walking, bring photos, letters, apparel or other mementos from your loved ones to walk with them in spirit.