Join us on July 11th for a virtual walk! Register below!
Long-time member of the Windsor Chapter, Sonia Zuidema passed away on May 15, 2018 due to complications of Huntington’s Disease.
This year, family and friends are coming together on July 11th, 2021 to walk in memory of Sonia Zuidema and all of those who have been affected by Huntington’s Disease.
How to Participate
1. REGISTER: Click the register button to sign up for the Windsor Walk.
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Once registered, set up your personal fundraising page. Enter your fundraising goal, personalize your fundraising message and add photos and videos.
3. ASK FOR DONATIONS: Use your fundraising page to ask for donations. Check out these tips on how to raise $1,000 in a week here.
4. WALK: On July 11, walk, run or roll in your own neighbourhood on a trail of your choosing.
5. TRACK YOUR KILOMETERS: Click on "Record your Walk" in the back end of your fundraising page. Be sure to link your Strava account to your fundraising page for your kilometers to automatically be tracked, OR input your kilometers manually on your personal fundraising page.
6. SHARE: Please share photos of yourself participating in the Windsor Walk on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #WindsorWalk and upload your photos to your personal fundraising
All proceeds raised through this event will go to the Huntington Society of Canada to support Family Services and Research to delay or stop Huntington disease.
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) strives for a better future for those affected by Huntington disease (HD). There are three main areas that HSC focuses on:
1. Funding cutting edge research into slowing or stopping the progression of HD
2. Funding Family Services workers across Canada to provide support for those affected by HD
3. Raising awareness of HD, educating the public and health services professionals, as well as advocating for the rights of those affected by HD