“Some of my best memories and life highlights have occurred as a volunteer or cyclist with CTC. Making and seeing a difference in families and children’s lives in an incredible feeling.” Mark Geene
Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation (CTC) believes in a world beyond kids cancer. We're invested in improving the survival rate and quality of life of children and their families impacted by childhood cancer. We do this by conducting a series of high quality, memorable, physically challenging, national and regional events that encourage an active and healthy lifestyle. From cycling events to team-building activities, Coast to Coast raises necessary funding for worthy childhood cancer charities across Canada whose programs support children with cancer, and their families.
CTC has many volunteer opportunities for those wanting to make an difference in the lives of kids with cancer and the families impacted by childhood cancer. Some roles are needed before events officially kick off and include; shopping and picking up supplies, prepping tucks, attending local fundraisers within the GTA. Others involve more time and require volunteers to attend events for 3 days or more; truck driving, route support, crew, logistics, concierge and more. There’s also a few opportunities at the Head Office in Toronto with data entry, general office work and more
Whatever your interests, there’s an opportunity to volunteer at Coast to Coast. For a more detailed description of roles, visit the relevant Coast to Coast websites:
LUNCH/REST STOP (works with crew)
· Event: Cyclists who pay to ride with the added bonus of leading cycling groups
· Event: Must be buddied up with driver that in some instances, can also act as route support. Post photos end of day during dinner and forward to Organizer end of event.
· Event: For National Ride only, drive 30ft RV as a support vehicle, cook, do laundry and purchase groceries as required
· Event: For Epicure only, drive event morning confirming signs in correct location, pick up signs behind cyclists
· Event: For Epicure only, follow cyclists to wineries picking up their purchases, hand out at night
· Event: Work with Lunch/Rest stop leads and Crew to determine lunch needs. Ensure Start/Finish is properly replenished with energy food/drinks.
· Event: Manage vehicle parking areas and direct vehicles to designated parking areas.
SWAG-pre event and store/registration
· Pre Event: Pull together SWAG package including envelopes with zip ties, safety pins, emerg contact list, purchased items etc
· Pre Event: Help keep warehouse in order, restock supplies as needed, load trucks for events with banners, totes, road signs, bike racks and more
DATA ENTRY/GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT:
· Non Event: Work with Donation Manager enter donations, answer phone, file documents, pull reports, prep binders for events