What is Peer Mentoring?
Peer Mentors are people with disabilties who provide counseling and advice to other disabled people. This peer-based model provides a different viewpoint on handling life's daily challenges, one based on shared understanding and shared experience.
Benefits of Peer Mentoring
- A greater connection to school and other scholars
- Improved reasoning and communication skills
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Enhanced cultural awareness
- Great for resumes, college applications, and school accolades
START BUILDING YOUR NETWORK TODAY!