Many communities have been impacted by our current situation, and the adoption community is no exception. Families who are matched with children around the globe find themselves unable to travel to and in some cases unable to even communicate with orphanages. Expectant mothers are struggling to support themselves, some have even become homeless. Families are not able to travel to support the courageous women who have chosen them to parent and to greet their children as they enter this world. Couples and individuals who were already struggling with the cost of adoption are now facing economic uncertainty. The community that we serve is in crisis and children's lives are at stake.
Our annual Faces of Adoption® Benefit & Silent Auction was held virtually on May 28th. The live recording and video messages from our grant recipients are available to watch here.
We hoped to raise $100,000 by May 28th. Based on our average grant size, that would build 12 families. You can still help us reach this goal by making a donation today.
This event would not have been possible without our amazing committee:
- Glenn Hill & Peter Rider (Co-Chairs)
- Traci & Jon Simpson (Co-Chairs)
- Linda Yarden & Chris Smith (Co-Chairs)
- Veronica & Anson Beard
- Carol Becker
- Jackie Cohen
- Julie & Tom Crowley
- Ana Carolina Curi
- Jeffrey Dorschuck
- Becky & Kipp Fawcett
- Monica & James Giove
- Andrew Gonzales & Kimberly A. Reinhardt-Gonzales
- Petek Gunay-Balatsas & Nikolaos Balatsas
- Cindy Huang
- Anissa & Rob Klein
- Jamie & Shaun Kolnick
- Lisa & Keith Lavitt
- Robert Nuzzo & Leif Ellington
- Denise Ott & Sergio Martinez
- Candice Pell & Andrew Dluzniewski
- Patrice & Andrew Simon
- Carly & Brian Snyder
- Lisa Kvaternik & Nicholas Snyder
- Janice Spector & George Buchalter.