If you are eager to get outdoors and spend the summer exploring Alberta – grab a group of friends or family and take a road trip through Alberta. Make stops at the 17 cancer centers we are partnered with and raise funds for Albertans facing cancer. You can browse our suggested route guide, which includes some of the most scenic spots to be found in our province.
This new initiative is open to those looking to embark on a summer road trip, while enjoying the beauty Alberta has to offer. It is a fun way to give back to the community while you embark on your summer adventures! Here is how you can participate:
Take a road trip through the province, and learn more about the 17 communities that these centres live in, and the beautiful areas that surround them. This is your chance to pledge to explore our province while fundraising for Albertans facing cancer.
1) Register as a team or an individual. (Tip: The more team members you have, the more cancer centers you can cover!) The first 100 individuals who register will receive a bumper sticker to put on their car.
2) Create a route to take through the province, or use our suggested route.
3) Take pictures of the places you stop, making sure to note the communities you stop with our partner community cancer centres.
4) Submit your road trip pictures via social media through your fundraising page to be eligible for various prizes using our hashtags #AHAgreatalbertaroadtrip #albertacancer
5) The more active you are on social media through your fundraising page the more points you’ll accumulate. The top scorer by August 31st will be eligible to win a prize.
6) Set up challenges amongst your group to create some friendly competition.
7) Check out our exclusive silent auction open from August 1st - 31st, 2020 highlighting Alberta’s tourism and unique experiences to support the beauty of our province and all it has to offer.
You can help make a difference. Your investment is thoughtfully prioritized to meet the most urgent needs faced by Albertan cancer patients and their families. Your generosity drives earlier screening, financial aid, patient navigation programs and cutting-edge, impactful research. Innovation in cancer care extends to and beyond early detection, improved treatment, and improved quality of life.
In 2019, donations to the Area of Greatest Need helped support ground-breaking clinical trials, brought state-of-the-art equipment and technologies to Alberta cancer centres, contributed to long-term cancer prevention studies - such as Alberta’s Tomorrow Project, and supported enhanced care programs such as patient navigation and patient financial assistance. You are ensuring that projects and programs with the most need are supported.