During these unprecedented times, the Y is addressing the challenging needs daily. Here are a just a few ways:
- Providing Emergency Childcare to Essential Workers at three of our branches: New Bedford, Gleason Family (Wareham) and Stoico/FIRSTFED(Swansea)
- The Fall River YMCA's Food Pantry has distributed over 50,000 pounds of food to families in need
- Gleason Family YMCA, Dartmouth YMCA and Mattapoisett YMCA are collecting food donations through their drop off sites. YMSC is working with United Way of Greater New Bedford Hunger Commission to help families with food insecurity.
- Monday-Friday Families can access unique learning resources posted on our social media pages to help fill the gaps with homeschooling.
- Fall River YMCA, Gleason Family YMCA and New Bedford YMCA are open to the homeless population to shower and practice safe hygiene
- Since the mandatory closure related to COVID-19, staff have been reaching out to our senior members as a Wellness Check-in; ensuring that they have access to the resources that they need
- FOR A FULL LIST OF WHAT WE ARE DOING, CLICK HERE