FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a registration fee?
Yes, the registration fee is $30 per person. Every registered participant will receive a Hike for Hope T-shirt, as well as access to all event day activities.
Where does HIKE for HOPE take place?
This year we are back live and in-person at The Park in Andover, MA! There is also a virtual registration option for those who cannot attend in-person.
Where do the funds raised go?
The funds raised from the HIKE for HOPE 2022 will support Lazarus House programs. To learn more about Lazarus House Ministries please visit www.lazarushouse.org.
Is there a minimum amount I need to fundraise in order to walk?
No. There is no minimum fundraising goal in order to participate in the HIKE for HOPE. We will gratefully accept any donation amount and all of the funds raised will go to support Lazarus House programs.
Are there advantages to fundraising online?
Yes. The HIKE for HOPE website is packed with features to help you achieve your fundraising goals. Some of the features are:
- Your personal (and team) page provides you with powerful tools to make fundraising easier. Our software allows you to input your contacts online, and then track your requests and who needs a thank you note.
- Each donation appears on your page automatically. This helps you track the progress and encourages your supporters to help reach your goal.
- Friends and family can log on and support your efforts quickly and easily.
- Automated acknowledgement messages are sent to all your online supporters.
Is there a deadline to register for HIKE for HOPE?
No. You can register for the HIKE for HOPE 2022 at any time by visiting our website.
How can I promote HIKE for HOPE to my company, organization, faith organization, or school?
We suggest doing one or ALL of the following:
- Form a Team Committee and enlist co-workers, friends or family members to help get the word out to more people.
- Send out emails with your personal HIKE for HOPE 2022 link.
- Spread the word on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Post photos, videos, and tag @lazarushouseministries, #HikeforHope2022 and get your friends and family involved.
- Follow up with your team about fundraising goals and efforts.
How do I make a donation with a check/cash and not a credit card?
Make the check out to Lazarus House Ministries and in the memo section write HIKE for HOPE 2022 and the person/team you would like your donation to be credited to and mail it to: Lazarus House Ministries, PO Box 408, Lawrence, MA 01842.
If someone registered for the HIKE for HOPE as an individual, can they still join a team?
Yes, pre-registered walkers can still be a part of a team. You can join a team on the website.
Is my information secure?
Yes. OneCause, the company that the HIKE for HOPE uses to store your data, makes every effort to protect your information. They use encryption techniques to make sure that credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the internet.
How are credit card numbers handled?
Credit card numbers are not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send the credit card number to an online processing terminal using a secure connection.
What do I do if I have a question that is not answered here or need technical support?
Please feel free to contact Corina Hopkins, Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-269-5222.
Will I receive a charitable tax receipt for my donation?
All donations made through our online fundraising page with all of the required information (full name and complete address) will automatically receive a charitable tax receipt by email. If you have a question about your tax receipt please contact us at email@example.com.
Can I collect cash or checks?
As a participant and fundraiser, you have the option of accepting cash and/or checks from your friends. You can enter them right into our online platform so it is counted towards your goal. Once logged in, please go to "Manage My Page." All checks should be made out to Lazarus House Ministries and in the memo section write HIKE for HOPE 2022 and the person/team they would like their donation to be credited to and mail any funds you receive to us at: Lazarus House Ministries, PO Box 408, Lawrence, MA 01842.