Join us this spring for a 3-mile Hike for Hope in support of Family Promise!
With restrictions on public gatherings still in place, and to ensure the safety of our community, the Hike for Hope will be a virtual event for 2021. While we will miss being with our dedicated hikers and volunteers in person, we are excited to connect virtually in support of Family Promise!
Ready, Set, Go! Here's how to get started:
1. Sign up to Hike under "Get Involved" at the top of the page, and follow steps to complete registration. Every registrant will receive a Hike for Hope t-shirt and swag bag* during our official, socially distanced Kick-Off Event on Saturday, May 1! Stay tuned for more details.
2. Join an existing team or create your own team! Recruit friends and family to join you. The more people who join, the more we can raise!
3. Personalize your fundraising page—add a picture, link your social media accounts, and tell the world why supporting Family Promise is important to you.
4. Ask friends and family to support your Hike for Hope campaign by sharing your fundraising page via text, email, or social media—the more people involved, the more we can raise! Prizes will be awarded to top fundraising teams and individuals—check your team's progress on our Leaderboards.
5. Participate in fun online challenges to earn points. Be sure to post your pictures to Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #HikeforHope2021.
6. Complete your 3-mile Hike for Hope anywhere, anytime before the end of the day on Sunday, May 2! Take a stroll with your family through your neighborhood, go for a hike at a nature preserve, or explore a new path in your favorite park!
By being a part of the Hike for Hope, you will support Family Promise’s mission to empower working families who are homeless to become self-sufficient. Funds raised will benefit our programs providing shelter and support, including financial education, job training, childcare and more. Thank you in advance for your help!
Adults & Youth 11 and up: $25 per person
Youth ages 6-10: $10 per person
Children 5 and under: Free
The Virtual Hike for Hope is a great community service activity for kids and teens. For inquiries regarding groups or for more information, please contact Amy Ebeling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down to learn more and find out how your donation will help the families we serve at Family Promise.
*Shirts and swag bags available only while supplies last.
No matter how you choose to complete your Hike, Hike for Hope is a fun, family-friendly way to get active and support Family Promise of Bergen County.
Family Promise's vision is a community where every working family has a stable home and the means to create a better life. We empower working families who are homeless to become self-sufficient by providing temporary housing and personalized support, including financial education, job training, life skills, transportation, childcare and enrichment for children. We also address hunger through the nightly Walk-In Dinner, which since 1991 has served more than 1.2 million meals to people in need.
All funds raised through the Hike for Hope will directly support Family Promise programs and help families on their journey to become self-sufficient.