THE INSIDE RIDE 101 - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED
1. How do I register and start fundraising?
Online via credit card to PayPal at www.LOCATION.theinsideride.com where they can then search for your name or team name. OR Click on "DONATE" in the navigation bar above and choose to "Find a Participant or Team"
- Create a team of 6
- Register online at : www.LOCATION.theinsideride.com or search for your event in the calendar.
- Personalize your fundraising page – tell your story and why your friends and family’s support is so important to you
- Use social media, it’s easily accessible on your personal page to get others involved and ask for donations.
- Pick up the Team Package from your organizing committee if you have not already done so and pledge forms to your team members - note, if you have team members under 18, they must submit a paper waiver signed by a parent or guardian. DOWNLOAD THE WAIVER HERE
- Start to fund raise: Email and social media are super effective fundraising tools! Your personal page has lots of tools and ideas as well as templates for you in your personal accounts. Feel free to customize them to fit you…or send them out as is.
2. How do donors make a donation?
Cash and/or cheque. Make sure to keep a record of these donations on a pledge form and hand them in to your team captain BEFORE event day.
3. I'm a Team Captain, what do I do with the TEAM PACKAGE? use it to track that all of your team members have registered online and accepted the waiver as well as submitting pledge forms and collected cash and cheques to yousubmit the COMPLETED Team package at Team Captain check in beginning 45 minutes before your event start time.
**ONLY the Team Captain needs to check-in. The team package MUST have the team summary sheet, any pledge forms, along with any cash and cheques collected from all team members. Also include signed paper waivers for any particpant under 18 years of age
4. Event Day - now what?Registered participants should arrive 15-30 min prior to event start time to ensure that you have enough time to get organized with your team. Your complete team will be allowed to enter the event floor to find your bike 15 min before event start time.Opening Ceremony & Dedication before every event RIDE! 10 min riding shifts with a break between each to change rider Awards and Closing Ceremony - Awards for highest mileage, best costumes, spirit and fundraising!
5. What to wear?
Team costumes are encouraged - ring your wackiest, funniest, most creative style and compete for the Best Costume and Spirit Award however when it is your turn to ride, remove any heavy layers and wear light gym gear such as t-shirt and running shoes.
6. Riding that long will make me hungry and thirsty - will there be snacks/water?
Water and a small snack will be provided to all participants and volunteers but please bring your personal water bottle with you.
OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
there is no registration fee for individuals but fundraising is a MUST. University and College events: fundraising minimum is $100 per person & $600 per team of six. Corporate and Community Events: $167 per person & $1000 per team
1. How much does it cost to participate?
2. What if I don't have 6 team members? for safety and FUN we always encourage 6 members on a team. Occasionally a team will have a rider drop out - it's okay, one of your teammates can ride twice. We don not encourage teams of any less than 5
3. Do my donors get a tax receipt?They sure do - for any donation of $20 or more. For Revenue Canada a donor must provide a first and last name and mailing address. Ideally also include an email address. Online donations with and email address will receive their tax receipt immediately with their donation. Cash and Cheque donations are issued receipts within 6 weeks.
4. Who do I make may cheque payable to? Cheques should be made payable to "The Inside Ride" or " Coast to Coast Against Cancer "
5. What do I do with cash and cheque donations I receive?
YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:
- Cash and cheque donations you receive may be entered individually in the fundraising section of your participant page and will credit your fundraising total immediately. Log into the site, then hover over your name in the top right and click on ‘Manage my Page.’ Click on ‘Fundraise and Thank Yous’ and go to ‘Enter Cash/Cheques’ tab. Enter your donations. Give the collected funds to your Team Captain before event day.
- If you prefer a good old fashioned pledge form...cash and cheque donations can be recorded on a pledge form and handed it in to your team captain with actual funds before event day. Download a pledge form HERE or request one from your Team Captain.