Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Race happening this summer?
It is happening - virtually! Register for our virtual Race Against Hate. Due to recommended guidelines from CDC health and government officials and to prioritize the health and safety of our runners, walkers and volunteers, YWCA Evanston/North Shore has made the very difficult decision that it is unsafe for us to come together as a community this June in the same way we have in previous years. But we hope people participate virtually and on the course, just not with thousands at the same time!
Can I, my team members and others still participate in some way?
Yes! While we can’t come together in the same way on Race Day, we hope you’ll embrace the spirit of the Race by coming together in other valuable ways. Here’s how:
- Register for the Race ($25 for adults, $10 for youth 13 and under). Registration includes a Race tee shirt, and all registrants will be honored as Race Heroes on our website. Register here.
- Reach out to your family, friends, and co-workers to ask them to join you on the course on Race weekend and to support the cause in any way they can. Create a team and capture that race spirit!
- Fundraise to help support YWCA's critical mission of eliminating racism and empowering women. Make a statement about your commitment to racial equity and violence prevention by making a donation yourself.
- Run or walk the course on Race weekend between 7 am and 4 pm (or anytime in June that's convenient for you, and anywhere that you feel comfortable). You'll be in the socially distanced company of fellow Race Heroes, and you'll help lift the spirits of our communities by your determination to race against hate. (View course maps here.)
- Embrace healing, community, and equity by tuning in from wherever you are to virtual learning events we have planned for June, including a free lunchtime conversation (Let's talk at Lunch) featuring Sherialyn Byrdsong. View our full calendar, and register here.
Can I donate offline?
Yes! Checks can be made out to YWCA Evanston/North Shore and mailed to:
Race Against Hate
YWCA Evanston/North Shore
1215 Church Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Where can I pick-up my tee shirt?
Race tee shirts will be available for pick-up at YWCA Shop for Good and the YWCA Crowded Closet anytime from June 1st - June 19th:
YWCA Shop for Good
1107 Central Ave, Wilmette, IL 60091
Tuesday-Friday 12 PM -5 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM
YWCA Crowded Closet
820 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL 60202
Tuesday 11 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday/Thursday 12 PM - 5 PM
Friday/Saturday 10 AM - 5PM
Will there be a way to record my time and qualify for an award?
YWCA Evanston/North Shore does not have the band width to track times and therefore awards will not be issued this year.
When can I register for next year’s Race?
The Race Against Hate will make a triumphant return on Sunday, June 19, 2022! We expect to open the registration site early in 2022.
If I have other questions, who should I reach out to?
Please contact us at email@example.com