IMPORTANT Event FAQ's You Need To Know!
What is a virtual 5K/1Mile event?
1) Gear up in the comfort of your home or neighborhood. Maybe with your family or a small group of friends!
2) Set your distance and timer (5K = 3.1 Miles). If you’re outside, try downloading a free and user-friendly running app, such as RunKeeper or
3) Count down… and Run, Walk or Roll to show your support for Marklund!
4) Cross your personal 5K or 1Mile finish line and stop those timers!
5) 5K participants ONLY: Fill out your finisher certificate and enter in your time by clicking the J3 Timing link located on Marklund’s webpage at www.marklund.org/5kgeneva. NOTE: the timing site will open on Thursday, October 15th and close on Sunday, October 18th at 11:59 p.m.
1 Mile & 5K participants: Post your distance, time and a fun picture to social media, tagging @Marklund and using #RunWalkandRoll #MarklundStrong.
How can I connected with Marklund and other participants virtually?
1) Once registered, build and customize your personal One Cause fundraising page.
Create or join a team, tell your story, invite donors, earn badges, share pictures and raise awareness for Marklund!
We will be bringing you all race updates, challenges, videos, photos and much more!
Comment, post and share your journey by using #RunWalkandRoll and tagging @MarklundCharities.
3) Not on Facebook or Instagram? Visit our Marklund YouTube page to view all of our RW&R videos on Sunday, October 18th.
What’s is included in the race packets?
Gildan Hoodie *Guaranteed to participants registered before September 18th
Finisher key chain sponsored by Stumm Insurance!
Participant Bib and safety pins
Additional goodies/SWAG provided by our race sponsors
Can I pick up my packet before Sunday, October 18th?
Yes! Stop by our curbside, contact-free packet pick up to claim your gear.
When? Wednesday, October 14th (4:00-6:00 p.m.) Saturday, October 17th (10 a.m.- 1 p.m.)
Can I get my race packet mailed?
Yes, the mailing fee is $12.50 for shipment of your full race packet. This price is based on shipping cost, material and labor. Domestic shipping only.
To guarantee your gear gets delivered to you before Sunday, October 18th- we ask that all mailings are in by October 1st.
**Please be sure to verify your mailing address at registration check out, Marklund is not responsible for any misdirected packets.**
Is there a group mailing fee for multiple packets going to one household?
Mailing fees are based on an individual basis. We encourage those with large groups to stop by our curbside, contact-free packet pick up listed above.
With consent, individuals are allowed to pick up friends and/or family members packets.
When does registration close?
Online Registration closes Monday, October 12th at 11:59 PM.
Is there a deadline to receive a hoodie?
All participants that register before September 18th will be guaranteed an event hoodie.
After the September 18th, hoodie quantities and sizes may vary.
Will there be medals given for the 5K?
Medals will be given to the top 2 overall finishers in the 5K, as well as the top 2 male and female finishers in each of the following divisions: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-60, and 70+.
Please give us enough time to order and send out medals after Sunday, October 18th.
Will there be awards given to the Top Fundraisers?
Fundraise $100+ to enter our GRAND PRIZE raffles for the chance to win a FitBit Versa 2 or $100 Meijer Giftcard!
Raise $250+ for entry into the grand prize raffle AND a guaranteed prize mailed to you after the event
All awards will be sent out after Sunday, October 18th.