COVID-19 Safety Updates
Thank you for supporting Spin for Kids and the thousands of children who are positively impacted by Camp Twin Lakes. Camp prioritizes the health, safety, and comfort of our riders, donors, volunteers, staff, and campers. We continue to follow health and safety guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and American Camp Association. We are monitoring updates and are planning several fun and safe options for our riders participating in Spin for Kids this fall! We will stay in touch to provide updates on any potential changes to the ride experience. Camp Twin Lakes is committed to hosting a safe and comfortable experience for all riders, and we are counting on our Spin for Kids community to help us raise funds to support Georgia’s most underserved children.
- This year we have expanded our registration options to include a "SFK from Anywhere" option. This route is perfect for riders who want to show their support on October 4th riding from any location they feel most comfortable - in their neighborhood, on a trail, on a Peloton. We're even encouraging these participants to run, walk, wheel, or swim if riding isn't an option!
- This year, we have modified our traditional 100, 62, and 47 mile routes to reduce the number of additional volunteers needed to safely monitor and staff these routes.
- We understand concerns about our in-person ride being canceled due to the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape, but have no fear! If for some reason, we need to cancel the in-person event, we will still celebrate on October 4th and encourage our participants to ride/walk/run for a location of their choice!
- Staff, volunteers, and riders are expected to wear a mask and practice social distancing whenever possible.
Check-In, Arrival, & Starting Your Ride
- If you do not feel well on October 4th, please do not attend.
- Routes will be broken up into waves to accommodate limited riders checking in at one time. You will be notified of your check-in time and route departure time by email in advance.
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 screening questions will take place at the Camp Twin Lakes gate.
- Please park and make your way to the gym. If you do not want to enter the gym, you can call one of our Camp Twin Lakes staff members to check you in from your car.
- Registration, donation drop-off, and breakfast/snacks/coffee will be available inside the gym. Please practice a one-directional flow through the gym maintaining safe distancing from other riders.
- Once you check-in, you are free to begin your ride. Out of an abundance of caution for our SFK Champions (campers), there will be no starting line celebration this year.
Rest Stop Safety
- Rest stops will be equipped with masks, wipes, and hand sanitizing stations. Please be mindful to wear your mask and sanitize at rest stops. Please practice social distancing when possible.
- Rest Stop Volunteers will direct you through a one-directional flow to get snacks and beverages.
- Please sanitize before interacting with Rest Stop Volunteers. They will assist you with refilling your water and handing out snacks.
- Portable restrooms are available and will be sanitized frequently.
- Once arriving back at Camp, please make your way to the circle for Taco Mac burgers and wings. We will have two food station lines to limit crowding.
- SweetWater will be pouring beer starting at 12:30PM - enjoy an extra beer on us this year.
- Seating is available in the Dining Hall or outside on picnic tables.
- Additional beverages will be available as well.
- Once you're done enjoying the festivities, please make your way to the Welcome Center (by the Finish Line) to collect your goody bags and t-shirt. We will have merchandise available for purchase at our Swag Shack as well.
We welcome you to reach out to email@example.com directly with any questions or concerns.