2022 IRONBEAR CHALLENGE: Tuesday, Nov 1 to Saturday, Nov 12
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. BUT, IRONBEARS CAN STILL REGISTER FOR THE RACE ONSITE ON NOV 12!
If you wish to participate in the FUN RUN or 5K on Nov 12 at Dorado Beach, you can register ONSITE on NOV 12 at the race starting at 1:00 PM at IRONBEAR RACE HEADQUARTERS. For full details on RACE DAY, please visit our RACE DAY page on this website.
Get active. Connect with family. Promote a healthy lifestyle. Raise funds for TASIS Dorado!
For 12 days, walk, run, bike, swim, and everything in between in a friendly competition to support Scholarship, Teacher Professional Development, & TASIS Dorado's Annual Fund:
- Create a fundraising page
- Join a team or participate as an individual
- Record daily exercise minutes
- Collect donations
WHEN IS THE CHALLENGE?
Tuesday, Nov 1- Saturday, Nov 12
- NOV 1 KICKOFF: The Challenge will start at TASIS Dorado on Tuesday, Nov, 1 during regular school hours for all students, faculty, and staff.
- FUNDRAISE: In the days between the Kickoff and Finale, connect with family and friends to reach your individual and team fundraising goals.
- EXERCISE: In the days between the Kickoff and Finale, complete daily or weekly fitness activity.
- NOV 12 FINALE: The Challenge will conclude with the IRONBEAR 5K & Fun Run FINALE at Dorado Beach Resort on Saturday, Nov 12 for all students, faculty, staff, and families.
***Fun Run (ages 2-7) starts at 2:30 PM. 5K starts at 4:00 PM.***
***Race results must be recorded before 5:00 PM on Saturday, Nov 12 in order to count towards total activity points.***
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION FEE?
IRONBEAR, 5K & FUN RUN (ages 2 to 7)
$45.00 before Nov 8
$50.00 after Nov 8
Includes dry-fit t-shirt, drawstring bag, race bib and chip, finisher medal
This registration automatically qualifies IRONBEARS to participate in 5K/Fun Run.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
STEP 1: Click on the REGISTER button and follow the registration prompts. (Repeat the registration process for each IRONBEAR)
STEP 2: Set up your Page by customizing fitness and fundraising goals; add a photo and personalized message.
STEP 3: Join a Team --- choose from pre-set teams or start your own team!
STEP 4: Share your Page with family and friends via social media, email, or text to start fundraising.
STEP 5: Record Fitness Activity on a daily or weekly basis to earn activity points; add photos or videos highlighting your fitness activity to earn more points.
Download the Strava app for automatic entry of certain fitness activities!
REMEMBER, be sure to TRACK and RECORD YOUR TIME on your fundraising page
I don't have enough unique email addresses when registering my children. What should I do?
There are TWO options:
1. All TASIS Dorado students have a valid email on file with the school. Parents can use a child's TASIS Dorado email: lastname.firstname(2 digit graduation year)@tasisdorado.com. For example:
2. Gmail has a simple solution! Use any valid gmail address and add +insert name of child before @gmail.com. For example, Jane McCartney is the mother of Michael McCartney, age 10. Jane's real gmail is firstname.lastname@example.org. Jane registers her son, Michael, using the workaround email: email@example.com. The system will recognize this email as a valid email address.
Questions? Contact Tara McCartney at firstname.lastname@example.org.