The Albertans Helping Albertans Virtual 5K is a virtual, province-wide fundraiser that raises funds for all 17 Alberta Health Services cancer centres.
You can participate by joining a team or as an individual and committing to run or walk 5k! You will also choose which cancer centre you would like raise funds for!
The Albertans Helping Albertans Virtual 5K is a fun way to stay active while supporting fellow Albertans facing cancer. Whether you are an avid runner, a beginner debuting your running career, or an Albertan wanting to walk to make a positive difference in your community, this event is suitable for all ages. You can participate by running on a treadmill or on your favourite path!
This virtual event can take place anytime between May 1 - May 31, 2021.
- Registration is $20 per person. Registration for participants under 18 is FREE.
- The first 300 people who register and complete their run or walk will receive a medal.
- The first 300 people to raise $500 by April 30 will receive a Race T-shirt
Keep an eye out for social media contests on our official Instagram page @ACFVirtual5K!
The fundraising can start immediately and the run or walk can take place anytime between May 1 – May 31, 2021.
- Create a team and invite others to join you.
- Come up with a creative name and set a goal for yourself and/or your team. Challenge your friends or other teams to fundraising competitions and see how can raise the most!
- Consider starting with a self-donation and ask your network to match it. Check with your company to find out about a possible matching program that could double your impact!
- Get moving and track your progress!
Lastly, a big thank you to our 2021 committee: Deborah Gordon, Nancy Luyckfassel, Brendan Parker, Stella Stevens, Jamie Sale, Chris Normandeau
For more information, please contact Michelle Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Together we will make a difference for Albertans facing cancer.