The Albertans Helping Albertans Virtual 5K is a virtual, province-wide fundraiser that raises funds for all 17 Alberta Health Services cancer centres.
You can participate by joining a team or as an individual and committing to run or walk 5k! You will also choose which cancer centre you would like raise funds for- from Fort McMurray, to Red Deer to Lethbridge.
The Albertans Helping Albertans Virtual 5K is a fun way to stay active while supporting fellow Albertans facing cancer. Whether you are an avid runner, a beginner debuting your running career, or an Albertan wanting to walk to make a positive difference in your community, this event is suitable for all ages. You can participate by running on a treadmill or on your favourite path!
This virtual event can take place anytime between May 1 - May 31, 2021.
- Registration is $20 per person. Registration for participants under 18 is FREE.
- The first 300 people who register and complete their run or walk will receive a medal.
- The first 300 people to raise $500 by April 30 will receive a Race T-shirt
Keep an eye out for social media contests!
The fundraising can start immediately and the run or walk can take place anytime between May 1 – May 31, 2021.
- Create a team and invite others to join you.
- Come up with a creative name and set a goal for yourself and/or your team. Challenge your friends or other teams to fundraising competitions and see how can raise the most!
- Consider starting with a self-donation and ask your network to match it. Check with your company to find out about a possible matching program that could double your impact!
- Get moving and track your progress!
For more information please contact Michelle Pitt at email@example.com.
Together we will make a difference for Albertans facing cancer.