Q: Is there a registration fee?
A: No, there is no registration fee but to receive an official walk t-shirt a minimum of $35 needs to be raised.
Q: Where does AIDS WALK Charlotte take place?
A: We are going virtual so that means it happens where you are! Because we've gone virtual this year, we've also extended the fundraising time frame to be May 31.
Q: Where does the money go?
A: The money raised from AIDS WALK Charlotte stays right here in Charlotte and benefits RAIN. The mission of RAIN is to empower persons living with HIV and those at risk to be healthy and stigma free. To learn more about RAIN please visit www.carolinarain.org.
Q: What does it mean to have a team?
A: A team is a group of co-workers, fellow students, church members, friends, and families that register and raise money for persons living with HIV and those at risk.
Q: Is there a minimum amount I need to fundraise in order to walk?
A: No. There is no minimum fundraising goal in order to participate in AIDS WALK Charlotte. We will gratefully accept any amount and all of the funds raised go to support the programs and services of RAIN.
Q: Are there advantages to fundraising online?
A: Yes. The AIDS WALK Charlotte website is packed with features to help you achieve your fundraising goals. Some of the features are:
- Your personal (and team) page provides you with powerful tools to make fundraising easier. Our software allows you to input your contacts online, and then track your requests and who needs a thank you note.
- Each donation appears on your page automatically. This helps you track the progress and encourages your supporters to help reach your goal.
- Friends and family can log on and support your efforts quickly and easily.
- Automated acknowledgement messages are sent to all your online supporters.
Q: Is there a deadline to register for AIDS WALK Charlotte?
A: No. You can register for AIDS WALK Charlotte 24 hours a day by visiting our website.
Q: How can I promote AIDS WALK Charlotte to my company, organization, congregation or school?
A: We suggest doing one or ALL of the following:
- Form a Team Committee and enlist co-workers, friends or family members to help get the word out to more people.
- Send out emails with your personal AIDS WALK Charlotte link.
- Put up posters in cafeterias, lobbies, elevators, etc.
- Ask your boss, teacher or pastor to write a personal appeal (note) to all encouraging participation.
- Follow up with your team about fundraising goals and efforts.
Q: How do I make a donation with a check/cash and not a credit card?
A: Make the check out to AIDS WALK Charlotte and in the memo section write the person/team you would like your donation to be credited to and mail it to:
AIDS WALK Charlotte
601 E. 5th Street, Suite 470
Charlotte, NC 28202
Q: If someone registered for AIDS WALK Charlotte as an individual, can they still join a team?
A: Yes, pre-registered walkers can still be a part of a team. Simply contact Joyce Brooks at 704-973-9819 or email@example.com with the walker's name/address/email and the team they wish to be a part of.
Q: What if I want to have some walk promotional materials?
A: Please fill out the online form to have materials mailed to you or you can email Joyce Brooks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to put in your request.
Q: Is my information secure?
A: Yes. OneCause, the company that AIDS WALK Charlotte uses to store your data, makes every effort to protect your information. They use encryption techniques to make sure that credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the internet.
Q: How are credit card numbers handled?
A: Credit card numbers are not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send the credit card number to an online processing terminal using a secure connection.
Q: What do I do if I have a question that is not answered here?
A: Please feel free to contact Nathan Smith at email@example.com or 704-973-9818.