6 Steps to Get Started and Succeed on THE HUNT
Registration, Fundraising, and Scavenger Hunt Information
THE HUNT consists of two main activities that use two different platforms:
- Fundraising for BBBS, which happens via OneCause, the fundraising website you are on right now.
- Completing Missions to earn points during the scavenger hunt (April 28th-May 21st), which happens via GooseChase, a scavenger hunt app.
STEP 1: Register for THE HUNT and join or start a team.
- If you already registered and joined a team when you registered, skip to STEP 2!
- Already registered but not on a team? Join or start a team here. Kids are free to register, so go ahead and sign up the whole family! Ideal team sizes are 3-5 people with a maximum of 6 adults total and no more than 10 total including children.
- Once THE HUNT begins, teams can complete Missions together in-person or divide them up to cover more ground.
STEP 2: Download GooseChase (scavenger hunt app) on your mobile device.
- Find the GooseChase iOS or Android app, and download on the device you’ll be using during THE HUNT. If you are on your phone now, these links will take you directly to download the app.
- You can choose to play as a guest or register for a personal account.
- Once you’re in GooseChase, find THE HUNT by using game code J536KZ or by searching for BBBS Dane County THE HUNT 2023.
- Questions about getting started? Contact Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: Start fundraising and earn points for your team before THE HUNT even begins!
- THE HUNT won't officially begin until Friday, April 28th, but there are Early Bird Missions that help you earn points NOW! You can receive points for picking up your team's T-shirts and materials, recruiting other HUNTers, suggesting Missions and getting started with fundraising. Get going to give your team a head start!
- Once you're registered, use your OneCause fundraising page to ask friends, family, and colleagues to donate to your team, just like they would for a 5K (or for our traditional Bowl for Kids’ Sake event!). Not sure how to ask for donations? Check out our fundraising tips!
- While we're aiming to raise over $100,000, average donations are just $20--there's no gift too big or too small! Everyone doing their part can make a big difference for the Littles in our program.
STEP 4: Pick-up your T-shirt and materials, because who doesn’t love free stuff?!?!
- Keep an eye out for an email with more details about our materials pick-up on April 26th-27th. You’ll get a T-shirt and other fun goodies to help you on THE HUNT, plus points for completing an Early Bird Mission.
STEP 5: Get HUNTing April 28th-May 21st
- On April 28th, dozens of Missions will show up in the GooseChase app, with new Missions added throughout THE HUNT.
- Using GooseChase, your team will earn points by submitting photos or videos, checking in at specific locations, or submitting responses to questions. Harder Missions = more points, so strategize with your team to earn as many points as you can!
- Missions will highlight Dane County landmarks and local businesses, but will also include fun challenges you can complete from home.
- While most Missions can be done anytime, some will take place at a set time/location. We also give bonus points for fundraising on certain days, and you won’t want to miss out! We'll be sharing all the details on our Scheduled Missions Calendar as we get closer to the event.
- Don't have much time to HUNT? Not sure where to get started? We've compiled a collection of 20 "Core Missions" that can be done anywhere, anytime. These Missions are in GooseChase and will earn you points just like all the others, but have been pulled together to offer an easy starting point for a bite-size HUNT experience.
- Where possible, photos and videos should include at least one team member--we want to see your smiling faces!
- All photos and videos submitted on GooseChase should be taken during THE HUNT, and should be your own work. Do not submit old photos or use photos found online. Thanks for playing fair!
STEP 6: There are lots of ways to win on THE HUNT!
- For all HUNTers: complete all 20 "Core Missions" to win a prize for your team. You'll also have chances to win prizes throughout THE HUNT, so keep going for more chances to win BIG!
- For competitive HUNTers: the stakes are high. We'll have premium prize packages for Top Teams, so get to work on your strategy to maximize your chances.
- For Matches: we'll be on the lookout for the Matches Making the Most, so get HUNTing and your pair can walk away with prizes (even if you're not at the top of the leaderboard!).