This year's R(un) for One 5K and Fun R(un) will be held at Palmetto Islands County Park, Sweet Gum Shelter. Your registration covers the entrance fee – just let them know you’re running in Lifeline’s R(un) for One or show your annual pass please. Professional timing will be included for the 5K. Be sure to register by August 12th to guarantee your T-shirt size!
This year’s event has been adjusted a bit to ensure safe social distancing measures upon arrival and while you run.
- The race start is an open house style. Run anytime from 8-10 am. Runners can race anytime beginning at 8 am and must be finished by 10 am to receive an official time. This staggered start allows us all to spread out and maintain social distancing when interacting at the pavilion and throughout the course.
- Please read through Palmetto Islands County Park’s COVID notice before the event - https://www.ccprc.com/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=Mask-Requirements-In-Effect-555. We are committed to using all of our available space so we can maintain social distancing throughout the event.
- There is no packet pick up the day before at our offices this year. We’ll do all packet pick up the morning of the race starting at 7:45 am. It will be a touchless experience with all packets laid out on the picnic tables so runners can get their own. There are bathrooms very close by if you want to change and wear your shirt to run.
- We have reduced the team of people at pavilion; our staff will be there to answer questions & serve runners (wearing masks if close proximity is necessary), but we will not have outside vendors at tables.
- There will not be any activities set up at the picnic tables nor a jump house this year. Sorry.
- There will be cheerleaders along the route, but no water or food. Bring your own water bottle.
- The 1 mile route will completely take place in the grassy area and not along the trail this year. 1 mile runners/walkers will make several loops to get up to a mile (or the little ones can finish up early after just one loop).
- There is a Run Where You Are (RWYA) meet-up on Daniel Island at Etiwan Park on Aug 29th at 5 pm sponsored by Church of the Holy Cross. If any runner prefers not to attend in the morning, a small group will be running at 5 pm with safe social distancing that evening.
- We will also host a RWYA meet up in Greenville if we have runners in that area at the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
5K R(un): $30
1 Mile Fun R(un): $15
Disclaimer: All registrations are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation due to COVID-19, Lifeline will convert registrations to 100% tax deductible donations. Thank you for your support as we continue to serve vulnerable children through this time!