Participate in all 4 activities in ONE Weekend, October 23-25, 2020.
1) Register or Join a Team! Friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, partners, anyone can join your team. Registration is $15. Register and you will receive access to all the HIKE for HOPE activities, plus we will mail you a HIKE for HOPE mask.
2) Once you register, a fundraising page is created for you with built-in tools to fundraise via social media, email or text. Through your fundraising page, you will be able to reach out to
your network to help you reach your personal fundraising goal. Before you know it, you will be a fundraising rock star!
3) Pick challenges that match your experience level - 5K. Jump. Food. Fund. Do all of them —5K. Jump. Food. Fund., and Complete the Challenge!
4) Get Social with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Post photos, videos, share your Challenge journey and tag @lazarushouseministries, #HikeforHope and #2020Challenge to earn more points and a chance to win prizes.
5) Earn More Points. Special prizes will be awarded for individuals and teams raising the most funds by October 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Check out the activities tab on "Manage My Page" and complete the activities to earn points.
On Saturday, October 24 at 10:00a.m., Walk or Run LIVE with us using the Charge Running App. Choose your course or use your treadmill, while receiving encouragement from a running coach and inspiration from the Lazarus House Community. Chat with others via the chat room, track your status, and listen to a real-time playlist curated for you! 5k Info Click Here
It’s no secret that jumping rope is an effective workout for torching excess weight and toning arms, abs and legs. Participants will receive virtual access to a 30-minute jumping rope class taught by various instructors at our participating Studios during the weekend. Get ready to blast those calories. No rope? No Problem! You can jump, rope free (best for beginners).
Help us feed and continue to meet the needs of individuals and families struggling with food insecurity. Collect and drop off non-perishable items (list provided in App) to replenish our food supply ahead of our busiest season. Food Drive Info Click Here
Be a fundraiser for Lazarus House and help us meet the increasing need for warm, nutritious meals in our Soup Kitchen. Inspire at least five people to donate $20.20 each. It's easy to create a fundraising page and even easier for your network to make donations. Fundraise Info Click Here
Why Complete the Challenge?
Every participant who registers receives a branded mask and access to all weekend activities including a pre-5K training program with the Charge Running App.
In addition to helping our neighbors as they face the immense burden of food insecurity, registrants that complete the Challenge receive a commemorative Hike for Hope long sleeved T-shirt and an official Certificate of Achievement. The more activities you participate in and the more dollars you raise, the more Challenge points you will earn to win fantastic prizes.
Ready to Take the Challenge?
ABOUT THE LAZARUS HOUSE SOUP KITCHEN
Our Soup Kitchen provides a safe place where our Guests come for meals, guidance, comfort and HOPE in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
The Soup Kitchen is currently serving over 1,700 Guests each week. This is a 56% increase in meals than before the COVID pandemic. What’s more, we expect that number to increase to 75% by November. Even before this health crisis, our Soup Kitchen was experiencing a steady increase in the number of meals served. In 2017, we averaged close to 1,000 meals a week and that number grew to nearly 1,200 at the beginning of 2020. This increase in the number of people being served has caused us to outgrow our current space and re-imagine a more robust program for our cherished Guests.
SOUP KITCHEN AND PROGRAM EXPANSION
Aimed at providing a safe, clean, uplifting environment for Guests in need of food and fellowship, our new Soup Kitchen will allow us to:
– Provide assistance to anyone who walks through our doors
– Enable us to continue to meet the needs of our community through nutritious and culturally relevant meals
– Improve preventative care through increased collaborations with local hospitals and health centers
– Continue to provide advocacy for our Guests and their families, providing physical, emotional and spiritual support and guidance and connecting them to resources that address their overall needs
– Enhance our Culinary Training Program by providing a new hands-on kitchen classroom that will enable our culinary students to not only master their skill but provide meals for our Guests. Peers serving peers and giving back to their communities.
The Soup Kitchen will continue to be a community resource that provides HOPE to the most vulnerable members of our community for years to come.