Participate in all 3 activities in ONE Weekend, May 22-23, 2021.
1) Register or Join a Team! Friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, partners, anyone can join your team. Registration is $15. Register and you will receive access to all the HIKE for HOPE activities, plus we will mail you a HIKE for HOPE mask.
2) Once you register, a fundraising page is created for you with built-in tools to fundraise via social media, email or text. Through your fundraising page, you will be able to reach out to your network to help you reach your personal fundraising goal. Before you know it, you will be a fundraising rock star!
3) Pick challenges that match your experience level - 5K. Food. Fund. Do all of them —5K. Food. Fund., and Complete the Challenge!
4) Get Social with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Post photos, videos, share your Challenge journey and tag @lazarushouseministries, #HikeforHope and #2021Challenge to earn more points and a chance to win prizes.
5) Earn More Points. Special prizes will be awarded for individuals and teams raising the most funds by May 23, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Check out the activities tab on "Manage My Page" and complete the activities to earn points.
New this year, we will have two LIVE 5K Walk/Run Events on Saturday, May 22nd and Sunday, May 23 at 10:00 a.m. Pick one or participate in both. Using the Charge Running App, choose your course or use your treadmill, while receiving encouragement from a running coach and inspiration from people who know firsthand the hardship families are facing. Chat with others via the chat room, track your status, and listen to a real-time playlist curated for you! 5k Info Click Here
Help us meet the need of families and individuals struggling with food insecurity. Collect and drop off non-perishable items (list provided in the App) to help replenish our food supply. Or simply donate $25 towards our pantry shopping cart. Food Drive Info Click Here
Fundraise to ensure families in our community have reliable access to nutritious food. Inspire at least five people to donate $20.21 each. It's easy to create a fundraising page and even easier for your network to make donations. Fundraise Info Click Here
Why Complete the Challenge?
Every registered participant will receive a branded mask, a downloadable official certificate of achievement and souvenir bib number as well as access to all weekend activities including a pre-HIKE training program.
In addition to helping our neighbors as they face the immense burden of food insecurity, registrants that complete the Challenge will also receive a Hike for Hope Challenge long sleeve t-shirt. Are you up for an extra challenge this year? Walk or Run twice! The more activities you participate in and the more dollars you raise, the more Challenge points you will earn to win fantastic prizes.
Ready to Take the Challenge?
ABOUT THE LAZARUS HOUSE
For the past 38 years, Lazarus House has provided programs and services to restore dignity and self-respect to empower families and individuals struggling with food insecurity, poverty and homelessness. Throughout the challenges posed by the pandemic, Lazarus House has focused our efforts on maintaining our most critical services – food distribution, shelter and housing for families. Through the current health crisis and its devastating financial impact, both of which have affected our Lawrence community disproportionately, we have to re-imagine how to serve our Guests safely while meeting their most pressing needs. The support of our generous community allows us to open doors for more than 18,000 unique families every year, a number that keeps growing as our community grapples with the myriad challenges posed by COVID-19.
Access to safe and stable housing, healthful food, and a caring case manager can make all the difference in someone’s ability to see new possibilities and thrive. Your support of HIKE for HOPE benefits the women, men, and children we assist to find safety, rediscover hope, and carry the goodness they find in the Lazarus House community out into the world.
Both our Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen have seen a tremendous increase in need since last March and we do not expect the increased need for food assistance to subside any time soon. Based on Lawrence residents’ experience of earlier crises, the economic impact from COVID-19 has hit the community hard and recovery of households will be a longer-term process than elsewhere in the Commonwealth. We will continue, as we have done for the past 38 years, to open the door and welcome each Guest with kindness and compassion and walk alongside them as they stabilize, recover and rebuild their lives.
RESPONDING TO THE NEED
With your support, Lazarus House will continue to battle against food insecurity and assist anyone who comes to our door in need. Through expanded program hours, additional staffing, enhanced safety measures, significant investments in food and your support, we will continue to be a beacon of light in the darkness of poverty for individuals living with the unimaginable stress and uncertainty of not being able to provide enough food for their families.
In addition, Lazarus House Ministries is preparing to launch a full renovation and enhancement of our current Soup Kitchen. These renovations will improve quality, efficiency and capacity to serve our cherished Guests for years to come.