Frequently Asked Questions
When does the Pet Partners Pet of the Year competition take place?
- This annual fundraising event begins in February and the winner is announced in mid-March. In 2023, the event will kickoff on February 1, and our winner will be announced during a virtual event on March 16.
Is a pet required to be a therapy animal to participate?
- No. This event is inclusive of all proud pet parents’ nominations, so all species of pets are welcome to apply. Candidates are not required to be a registered therapy animal to participate in the competition. In adherence with Pet Partners’ high standards for animal welfare and client safety, if you pet is currently participating in volunteer therapy animal visits, you must be a registered Pet Partners team.
How is the money that is raised through Pet Partners Pet of the Year used?
- Pet Partners relies on donations from individuals, companies, and foundations to support our life-changing work. Pet Partners has thousands of registered therapy animal teams who make visits across the United States and internationally. We train and evaluate teams so they may safely and responsibly visit with a variety of people including veterans, seniors living with Alzheimer’s, patients in recovery, students facing literacy challenges, people with intellectual or physical disabilities, and those approaching end of life. The impact of these visits is felt over millions of times a year.
- Donations to Pet Partners help improve the lives of those in our community through advocacy, education, support services, and research. Every gift makes a difference and helps us to fulfill our mission.
I want my pet to enter as a candidate in the competition. What do I do now?
Can I nominate someone else and their pet to participate?
- Yes! Simply fill out our online nomination form, and we will connect with your nominee to encourage their participation.
When is the last day to nominate a pet to participate?