Know Before You Go
There are Two Courses – a 5K Run and a 3K Family Fun Run/Walk
Based on the race you registered for:
- 5K Run start time is at 8am and participants MUST arrive via the Southern Boulevard and walk to the Start line located at the Bronx River entrance. Get directions via Google maps.
- 3K Family Fun Run/Walk start time is 9:30am and participants for the 3K Family Run/Walk MUST use the Bronx River Entrance. Get directions via Google maps.
Please note that the Asia Entrance to the Zoo will not be open for Run. Mass transit users for #2 and #5 trains, use the Pelham Parkway/White Plains stop. Check with MTA schedules in advance.
The finish line closes promptly at 11:30am. All post run activities are available until 12pm. Your registration includes all star attractions. Enjoy the day with us, and take advantage of a special day-of discount on tickets to the Bronx Zoo’s Treetop Adventure!
Health And Safety is a Priority!
All Bronx Zoo visitor policies are in effect. Review all visitor behavior and activity policies.
Staying with us for the day?
All guests must abide by the park rules in effect on April 29, 2023. When changes happen, we make every effort to align our website and park signage with updates. Always check before you arrive for the most up-to-date information. Review all visitor behavior and activity policies.
There Is a Minimum Fundraising Requirement for Adults
As in previous years, there is a $35 minimum fundraising requirement for adults. There is no fundraising minimum for children (3-15 years old).
- Fundraising minimum must be met by April 7th. If the $35 is not met by April 7th, the credit card used for registration will be charged the difference. For example, if you fundraised $10 by April 7th, your credit card is charged $25. If you registered multiple adults, please provide their email addresses to allow them to fundraise.
- An email address is required for additional friends or family members that you register in order for them to receive their own fundraising page. If you do not provide an email address during registration, your friends or family members will not be able to fundraise and earn prizes and you will be responsible for ensuring they reach their fundraising minimum.
- Beginning April 7th, minimum fundraising requirement will be added to the registration fee.
- T-shirts and race bibs will be mailed beginning April 3rd for those who met the minimum fundraising by then. Post April 17th, once meeting the minimum fundraising, you will pick up your bib and t-shirt on site.
- No bag check: Please keep your personal items with you at all times. Leave any unnecessary items in your car. Participants planning to stay at the zoo after the race may return to the car and reenter but must have their race bib visible to do so.
- No day of registration: Attendance is limited. Registration will remain open until April 28th or the event sells out.
- No spectators: Due to limited capacities, only participants can be at the Bronx Zoo on the morning of April 29th. The zoo will open to the public at 1:00pm. Everyone in attendance must be a registered Run for the Wild participant.
- No clock: The Run for the Wild has always been a non-competitive event. Due to staggered start times, we will not have an official time clock at the event.
- No water station on the course: Water and grab-and-go light refreshments will be provided at the end of the course.
- No official video: WCS does not video the run. The run/walk is a non-competitive event. WCS does not post/provide videos or photos of the run.
- Strollers: We encourage participants with strollers to join the 3K, however strollers will be permitted in both the 3K and 5K runs, but positioned in the back of each race for everyone’s safety.
- Who can run? Unaccompanied minors are not permitted to participate on their own. All children ages 3-15 must have an a registered adult present during their run or walk.
Participants planning to stay at the zoo after the race may return to the car and reenter but must have their race bib visible to do so.
Do Not Bring Scooters.
For everyone's safety, child scooters are never permitted. See our complete list of rules.