Know Before You Go
We are putting in all of the necessary safety measures to ensure that we can have a safe, fun, in-person Run for the Wild. But we can't do that without you. Please review this page for event safety measures and what you can expect on April 30th.
There Are Two Courses – a 5K Run Course and a 3K Family Fun Run/walk
In order to space out participants, we will have two courses with different starting times.
- 5K Run will begin at the Bronx River Entrance. Start time is at 8AM and participants will arrive via the Southern Boulevard and walk to the Start line located at the Bronx River entrance. Get directions via Google maps.
- 3K Family Fun Run/Walk will begin at the Bronx River Entrance. Start time is 9:30am and participants for the 3K Family Run/Walk MUST use the Bronx River Entrance. Get directions via Google maps.
Please note that the Asia Entrance to the Zoo will not be open for Run. Mass transit users for #2 and #5 trains, use the Pelham Parkway/White Plains stop. Check with MTA schedules in advance.
Health And Safety is a Priority!
We are limiting capacity, but still need your help to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing
- Masks: Masks are not required, and can be used based on personal preference. Guests and staff may continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, so please be kind and considerate of others. Park policies are subject to change, and all participants must abide by the rules in effect on April 30th.
- Health Screenings: We will be closely monitoring all CDC and NYS guidelines to determine best safety practices. All participants are required to sign waivers during registration that consent to screening requirements.
- Healthy Hands Stations: Hand sanitizer available at all entrances and throughout the park near food/retail and exhibit areas.
- All Bronx Zoo visitor policies are in effect. Review all visitor behavior and activity policies.
Staying with us for the day?
All guests must abide by the park rules in effect on April 30, 2022. When changes happen, we make every effort to align our website and park signage with updates. Always check before you arrive for the most up-to-date information. Review all visitor behavior and activity policies.
There Is a Minimum Fundraising Requirement for Adults
As in previous years, there is a $35 minimum fundraising requirement for adults. There is no fundraising minimum for children (3-15 years old).
- Fundraising minimum must be met by April 8th. If the $35 is not met by April 8th, the credit card used for registration will be charged the difference. For example, if you fundraised $10 by April 8th, your credit card is charged $25. Please note that multiple registrations on one credit card will incur minimum donation charges for any adult registration that has not met the minimum.
- An email address is required for additional friends or family members that you register in order for them to receive their own fundraising page. If you do not provide an email address during registration, your friends or family members will not be able to fundraise and earn prizes and you will be responsible for ensuring they reach their fundraising minimum.
- Beginning April 8th, minimum fundraising requirement will be added to the registration fee.
- T-shirts and race bibs will be mailed beginning April 8th for those who met the minimum fundraising by then. Post April 18th, once meeting the minimum fundraising, you will pick up your bib and t-shirt on site.
For everyone's health and safety, we are eliminating the following:
- No bag check: Please keep your personal items with you at all times. Leave any unnecessary items in your car. Participants planning to stay at the zoo after the race may return to the car and reenter but must have their race bib visible to do so.
- No day of registration: Attendance is limited. Registration will remain open until April 29th or the event sells out.
- No spectators: Due to limited capacities, only participants can be at the Bronx Zoo on the morning of April 30th. The zoo will open to the public at 1:00pm.
- No clock: The Run for the Wild has always been a non-competitive event. Due to staggered start times, we will not have an official time clock at the event.
- No water station on the course: Water and grab-and-go light refreshments will be provided at the end of the course.
- Strollers: Only permitted in the 3K Run/Walk.
Participants planning to stay at the zoo after the race may return to the car and reenter but must have their race bib visible to do so.
Be a Responsible Participant & Protect Yourself and Others.
We need all guests to continue to participate in proper healthy behaviors when visiting. Please remember:
- If you are sick, or have possible symptoms, please stay home and take time to recover.
- Avoid crowding. Please be patient at busy areas and animal exhibits, and allow other guests to move along before stepping forward or creating crowds.
- Wash your hands often. Restrooms for washing with soap and water are available across the park, and we've added hand sanitizer stations near exhibits and other gathering areas.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
Do Not Bring Scooters.
For everyone's safety, child scooters are never permitted. See our complete list of rules.