Friday Night Registration, Packet Pick Up, and Opening Ceremony.
**If you've never been to the Opening Ceremony or have not been since 2019, then PLEASE plan to attend! This is an opportunity to re-connect with this special Community of Kindness and see the impact of your efforts. Get your rider packet, attend new rider orientation, eat some pasta (carb loading!!), and enjoy the program!
When: Friday, April 29th
- 4:00 PM – FREE PARKING opens at SW corner of 13th St & Lavaca
- 4:30 PM – Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 5:00 PM – New/Out-of-town Rider Orientation (Room 104)
- 5:30 PM – Dinner Service Begins
- 6:15 PM – Program for 30-40 minutes
- 8:00 PM – Packet Pickup Closes
Where: First United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 1300 Lavaca
- NW corner of 13th St and Lavaca; FREE parking starting at 4:00 PM in the parking garage deck across the street (SW corner of 13th St and Lavaca)
Ride Day!! (Lots of info below. Please Read!)
Please answer this 2-question survey to confirm your Ride Day mileage.
When: Saturday, April 30th! YAASSS!
Where: Krause Springs; Spicewood, TX (Directions & Route Maps below)
- 6:30 AM – Riders begin arriving
- 7:00 AM – Light breakfast is served, check-in, & Texas Coffee Traders deliciousness!
**If you DID NOT check-in or pick up your packet Friday night, you MUST do so Saturday morning. If you DID check-in Friday night, there's no need to do so again Saturday morning.
- 7:30 AM – 90 & 75-mile Riders ride out
**There are no departures between 7:45 to 8:30 AM.
- 8:30 AM – 45-mile Riders ride out
- 8:45 AM – 27 and 13-mile Riders ride out
**ALL riders must have their rider numbers and helmets on to ride! Advanced riders line up closer to the front of the start-line with more leisurely riders toward the rear. You must have a wristband from your rider packet to ride out, eat, and camp. Don't forget!
**If you have not raised your minimum fundraising goal, communicate with us in advance. We want you to ride, but you must raise or commit to raising $500 ($250 for first-time riders). The HCRA is here to raise much-needed funds for those in need. You may have teammates willing to share funds, and the Ride office may be able to connect you with donors or share fundraising tips. Those riders actively working towards their goal will be given till the end of May to finalize their commitment.
**Bring your swimsuits and towel! And camping gear if you plan to camp; one free night of camping is included in your registration fee!
- 10:00 AM – Riders from shorter routes begin crossing the finish line. Plenty of snacks and drinks waiting for you!
- 11:00 AM - 4:45 PM – BBQ Cookout and Beer Garden!! Enjoy delicious pulled pork sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, veggie or vegan burgers, or hot dogs! Along with Last Stand Brewing, Athletic Brewing (non-alcoholic) Beers, Lick Honest Ice Cream, Austin Cake Balls, games, and more…you’re gonna want to chill out and hang out near the finish line while your friends return from their routes. Cheers, y’all!
- Spend the day at Krause Springs cheering in your friends, swimming in the magical springs, & soaking up all the HCRA love!
** Keep in mind: Riders on the 45, 75, and 90-mile routes will have lunch at the Lunch Pit Stop (Thanks Schlotzshy's!!!), and there will be PLENTY for EVERYONE to eat at Krause Springs ALL afternoon.
- 4:00 PM – The last rider crosses the finish line! Everyone gathers to cheer and welcome them! ALL ROUTES ARE NOW CLOSED.
- 4:30 PM – Closing Ceremonies followed immediately by the AWARDS ceremony! This is a brief ceremony recognizing your work, the cause, and the awards for top fundraising underneath some of Krause Springs' beautiful oak trees. We want you all there for this!
Directions to Krause Springs & ROUTE MAPS
Click here to view Krause Springs directions, route descriptions, and maps.Physical address
to map for your smartphone: 404 Krause Spring Rd, Spicewood, TX 78669
Krause Springs is west of Austin off of TX highway 71 and Spur 191 in Spicewood. Allow about 40-45 minutes from downtown Austin to get to Krause Springs and please drive carefully. After you enter the gate, you'll see a parking crew directing traffic to help you park.Camping:
RV spots at Krause are full. If you want to tent camp, let Krause Springs know you're with the HCRA when you arrive to set up (they will be checking to ensure you have an HCRA wristband). One night of tent camping (optional) is included in your registration fee. Route Maps!
Route Maps including links to Ride with GPS files you can download to your phone for ALL routes can be found here
The top fundraising teams as of 12:00 PM on Thursday 4/28 will have a reserved finish line tent. All other Ride Day prizes will be determined by our fundraising totals report pulled at exactly 2:00 PM (CST) on Ride Day.
We will announce awards for the following at Closing Ceremonies:
- Top Individual Fundraiser Categories
- Fundraising Boss - Any participant who raises $1,000 or more is entered to win the coveted Beneficiary Prize Basket!!!
- First-time Rider Category
- Top team, Overall: Bragging rights -- oh yeah!
- Top team, Per Capita: Also bragging rights -- oh yeah!
- Most number of donors for one participant
- Best costume/bike decorations
- RIDE ROYALTY: folks who raise over $5,000/$10,000 by Ride Day will receive special tchotchkes and a commemorative 2022 jersey, which will be delivered in June!
Saturday looks like great weather for a ride! The best way to stay informed on weather updates is to follow the 2022 HCRA Facebook event page. Click here to mark yourself "going" to follow any conversations/announcements. It's looking like it's going to be pretty warm and humid. Plan on staying hydrated (start the day before) and wear sunscreen!
If you have ANY questions, please call me or the ride office at 512.371.7433 (RIDE). This is going to be a family reunion unlike any other & YOU'RE making it an amazing year! Thanks for all you're doing.
Hill Country Ride for AIDS