• What's new this year? We've definitely made some changes! In an effort to allow participants to select whether they get wet or stay dry, we have separated the 1K and 5K courses. The 1K is our "splash course" with splash zones set up along the way. Dress appropriately, you will get wet! The 5K is our "dash course" where you'll stay dry, but hydrated. Hydration stations are set up throughout the course. Also new this year, a 5K competitive route! The 5K competitive dash course includes official timed results and awards to top finishers.
If you're not able to join us in person, you can still participate from a distance. Register for Choose Your Splash, Choose Your Dash and make a splash or do a dash on your own. Challenge friends and family to join you and fundraise in support of Norton Children's Hospital.
• Will masks be required? Norton Healthcare follows all guidelines and recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state officials. Be sure to opt in for text messages from us and keep an eye out for emails!
• Can I bring a stroller, wagon or wheelchair? Yes! Look for the “all wheels roll this way” signage along the 1K route to by-pass larger hills and obstacles. The 5K route takes place primarily on concrete.
• Is the course on concrete or grass? Both! The 5K route takes place primarily on concrete and the 1k route navigates through multiple terrains and up and down hills.
• Is this a timed race? The 5K competitive dash course will include official timed results and awards for top finishers. The 1K splash course includes splash zones and water fun along the way and will not use a timing system.
OFFICIAL TIMED RACE RESULTS FROM THE COMPETITIVE 5K CAN BE FOUND HERE:
• What is different about the 5K competitive dash course? The newly added 5K competitive dash course is the only option that includes official timed results and awards for top finishers. We have partnered with 3 Way Racing to make this a truly competitive option! Top finishers will receive plaques, gift cards and more! Registration for the competitive dash course will close on Friday, Aug. 6 at 5 p.m.
• What is a splash zone? Glad you asked! A splash zone is a fun way to keep our participants cooled off along the route. Participants may experience get splashed by sprinklers or run through foamy bubbles, a volunteer may even be hiding out to spray water on you when you least expect it!
• Why are there wave/heat start times? We utilize wave/heat start times to allow plenty of space between participants on each course. This year, participants will sign-up for a start timeframe prior to race day. Participants will receive a link via email to sign-up for their race start timeframe once they've registered.
• What is the difference between a wave and a heat start time? "Wave" references the start times on the 1K splash course. "Heat" references the start times on the 5K dash courses. (Hehe, see what we did there?! Wave = splash, heat = dash)
• How do I know my wave/heat start time? Once participants have registered for the event, they will receive a link via email to sign-up for their preferred race start timeframe. Signing up for a start timeframe in advance will give participants a window in which they will start the race (i.e. 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. or 9 to 10 a.m.) and expedite the check-in process on race day. Be sure to opt in for text messages from us and keep an eye out for emails with additional instructions and information!
• Can my group or team be in the same wave/heat? Of course! Just make sure you sign-up for the same start timeframe and line up at the starting line together.
• What is early bird check-in? Early bird check-in takes place on the Friday evening prior to the event at Louisville Waterfront Park, Big Four Lawn. More information to come on early bird check-in.
• When does registration open? Online registration is open now!
• When does online registration end? It won't! In an effort to remain as contactless as possible, all participants will be required to register online, even for day of registration. However, registration fees will increase by $5 on race day.
• Will I receive an event T-shirt? An event T-shirt will be guaranteed for those who have registered by Aug. 1. For participants who register after Aug. 1, T-shirts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
• Can I bring my pet? Louisville Waterfront Park is a public park, but we do not recommend your pets join you for the event.
• What if it rains? Bring a raincoat and an umbrella. We will still celebrate and honor loved ones — rain or shine! If there is severe weather, please look for text message or email communication from the Splash 'n' Dash team.
• Where can I put my things? You can check your personal belongings into “Gear Check” in the “Just for Kids” Zone. Look for the “Just for Kids” ambulance and our very own Transport Team will gladly hold onto your belongings while you splash through the course.
• Is there any water to drink? Yes! There will be plenty of water available in the "Just for Kids" Zone all morning. Bring your own water bottle and we will fill it up!
• Will food be available? Food and beverages will be available for purchase, thanks to Chick-fil-A and Big Mike's Shaved Ice. Keep an eye out for other yummy treats from our sponsors and vendors, too!
• Is it required to fundraise? Fundraising is encouraged, but not mandatory to participate. Every dollar raised from the Splash 'n' Dash Walk/Run will benefit the lifesaving care provided at Norton Children's Hospital every day. The more funds that are the raised, the bigger impact we make!
• Can I choose where the funds I raise benefit? Participants in Splash ‘n’ Dash will be able to designate which area within Norton Children’s they would like to support with their dollars raised.
• Must I designate the funds I raise to a specific division/department/program at the hospital? No. Undesignated funds will support the most critical needs at Norton Children’s Hospital.
My question isn't listed here. Who can I contact for information? To submit your question, email email@example.com. For more information about the event, call (502) 629-8060.