You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers!
• Can I bring a stroller, wagon or wheelchair? The 1k route is much more “wheel-friendly,” however, both courses allow the opportunity to by-pass larger hills and obstacles. Look for the “all wheels roll this way” signage along the routes.
• Is the course on concrete or grass? Both! The 5k and 1k routes navigate through multiple terrains and up and down hills.
• Is this a timed race? Since this is a walk/run and more of a fun for everyone, we do not use a timing system. You are encouraged to time yourself if you choose, and we do our best to accommodate advanced runners through wave start times. Please note, both course routes are approximate.
• Why are there wave start times? We utilize wave start times to allow advanced, intermediate and beginners to start in individual groups. In addition, this allows our 1k participants to begin after all 5k participants have taken off.
• How do I know my wave start time? Your wave start time will be given to you at registration and is determined based on your level of running, availability and which course you are participating in. We recommend attending early bird check-in on Friday evening if you have a wave start time preference.
• Can my group or team be in the same wave start time? Of course! Your group or team will need to check-in together (or designate the team captain). You will be assigned the same wave start time with a corresponding bib color.
• What is early bird check-in? Early bird check-in takes place on Friday evening from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Louisville Waterfront Park, Big Four Lawn. This allows you to skip the line on Saturday morning, select your wave start time in advance and pick up your bib, official Splash 'n' Dash t-shirt and other goodies provided by our sponsors.
• When does registration open? Saturday morning at 8 a.m. or Friday evening for early bird check-in from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
• When does online registration end? Technically it doesn't. However, after Friday, Aug. 2 at 8 p.m., registration prices will increase by $5.
• Can I bring my pet? Louisville Waterfront Park is a public park, but we do not recommend your pets join you for the event.
• What if it rains? Bring a raincoat and an umbrella. We will still celebrate and honor loved ones — rain or shine! If there is severe weather, please look for email communication in your inbox.
• Where can I put my things? You can check your personal belongings into “Gear Check” in the “Just for Kids” Zone. Look for the “Just for Kids” ambulance and our very own Transport Team will gladly hold onto your belongings while you splash through the course.
• Is there any water to drink? Yes! Louisville Pure Tap will be in the "Just for Kids" Zone all morning. Bring your own water bottle and they will it up!
• Will food be available? Food trucks will be on-site with food and beverages available for purchase. Water is free!
• Is it required to fundraise? Fundraising is strongly encouraged, but not mandatory to participate. Every dollar raised from the Splash 'n' Dash Walk/Run will benefit the lifesaving care provided at Norton Children's Hospital every day. The more funds that are the raised, the more we can give!
• Can I choose where the funds I raise benefit? Participants in Splash ‘n’ Dash will be able to designate which area within Norton Children’s they would like to support with their dollars raised.
• Must I designate the funds I raise to a specific division/department/program at the hospital? No. Undesignated funds will support the most critical needs at Norton Children’s Hospital.
My question isn't listed here. Who can I contact for information? To submit your question, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the event, call (502) 629-8060.