You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers!
- Can I bring a stroller, wagon or wheelchair? The 1k route is much more “wheel-friendly,” however, both courses allow the opportunity to by-pass larger hills and obstacles. Look for the “all wheels roll this way” signage along the routes.
- Is the course on concrete or grass? The 5k and 1k routes navigate through multiple terrains and up and down hills.
- Will there be splash zones on both the 5K and 1K routes? Yes! There will be splash zones on all routes.
- Is this a timed race? Both! The 5K competitive course will include official timed results and awards for top finishers. The non-competitive 5K registration and 1K courses includes splash zones and water fun along the way and will not use a timing system. 2022 5k competitive results can be found here.
What is a splash zone? Glad you asked! A splash zone is a fun way to keep our participants cooled off along the route. Participants may experience get splashed by sprinklers, slip through a slip'n'slide, or run through foamy bubbles, a volunteer may even be hiding out to spray water on you when you least expect it!
Why are there wave start times? We utilize wave start times to allow plenty of space between participants on each course. In addition, this allows our 1k participants to begin after all 5k participants have taken off.
How do I know my wave start time? Participants will self select a start timeframe window that works best for their group in which they will start the race. (i.e. meet your group or coworkers at 10:10 a.m. and start together) There is no need to sign up for a start time beforehand! Be sure to keep an eye out for emails for additional instructions and information! Refer here for each course's start time...
- Can my group or team be in the same wave? Of course! Just make sure you arrive at registration and coordinate with your group to line up at the starting line together.
- What is early bird check-in? Early bird check-in takes place on Friday, Aug. 5 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. in the activities building at E.P “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
- When does registration open? Online registration is open now! You can register the day of the event, but you can save time and money by registering in advance. Check-in for race bibs and event t-shirts is Friday 4:30 to 7 p.m. or Saturday 7 to 11:30 a.m.
- When does online registration end? Online registration will not close, but price to register will increase on Aug. 5 to event day pricing.
- Can I bring my pet? E.P “Tom” Sawyer State Park is a public park, but we do not recommend your pets join you for the event.
- What if it rains? Bring a raincoat and an umbrella. We will still celebrate and honor loved ones — rain or shine! If there is severe weather, please look for text message or email communication from the Splash 'n' Dash team.
- Where can I put my things? You can check your personal belongings into “Gear Check” in the “Just for Kids” Zone. Look for the “Just for Kids” ambulance and our very own Transport Team will gladly hold onto your belongings while you splash through the course.
- Is there any water to drink? Yes! There will be plenty of water available in the "Just for Kids" Zone all morning. Please bring your own water bottle and we will fill it up!
- Will food be available? Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Water is free! Keep an eye out for other yummy treats from our sponsors and vendors, too!
- Is it required to fundraise? Fundraising is encouraged, but not mandatory to participate. Every dollar raised from the Splash 'n' Dash Walk/Run will benefit the lifesaving care provided at Norton Children's Hospital every day. The more funds that are the raised, the bigger impact we make!
- Can I choose where the funds I raise benefit? Participants in Splash ‘n’ Dash will be able to designate which area within Norton Children’s they would like to support with their dollars raised.
- Must I designate the funds I raise to a specific division/department/program at the hospital? No. Undesignated funds will support the most critical needs at Norton Children’s Hospital.
My question isn't listed here. Who can I contact for information? To submit your question, email email@example.com. For more information about the event, call (502) 629-8060.